Nipro Diagnostics names new president
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. Nipro has named a new president for its Nipro Diagnostics division, the company announced Thursday.
Effective immedietely, Scott Verner will be responsible for the company’s blood glucose monitoring and insulin pump business in the United States. Verner previously was SVP sales and marketing at Home Diagnostics and the newly created Nipro Diagnostics.
“I am excited to continue making contributions to building Nipro Diagnostics in my new role,” Verner said. “Our product portfolio has further evolved into a comprehensive and competitive offering, meeting a wide range of unique consumer needs and exceptionally high standards for both quality and value. We believe those standards will continue to be the basis of our growth and success over the next several years.”
AccuDial expands board of directors
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. AccuDial Pharmaceutical on Wednesday announced the expansion of its board of directors by five executives.
New board member appointments include:
- Schuyler Jungen Baab — president and CEO of Pathfinders Government Relations, a government relations consulting practice in Washington. Baab previously served as deputy under-secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Stephen Key — a successful inventor and entrepreneur with more than 20 licensed products in the past 30 years. Key’s rotating label is the patented technology that AccuDial Pharmaceutical has licensed for its weight-based dosing of liquid medications.
- Patrick Lonergan — formerly a 30-year veteran with Johnson & Johnson, where he held a number of leadership positions, including VP and general manager. While at Johnson & Johnson, he served as a member of the board of directors of Johnson & Johnson Products and was chairman of the Health Care Division Management Committee. Lonergan also has served as vice chairman of the board of the Consumer Healthcare Products Association, business chairman for the National Association of Chain Drug Stores and chairman of the National Wholesale Druggists’ Association Industry Development Committee. He is the co-founder of Numark Labs and has served as its president since January 1989.
- Christopher Metz — a managing director of Sun Capital Partners, a private investment firm in South Florida with approximately $8 billion of equity capital under management. Prior to joining Sun Capital Partners, Metz was president of the Hardware and Home Improvement Group of Black & Decker, holding several senior positions during his 13-year tenure. Metz also was president of Kwikset Corp. and Price Pfister, and was general manager of European Professional Power Tools and Accessories.
- Matthew O’Connor — served as president/partner for USI Florida and was the founding partner of several successful start-ups, including the North Broward School, which was sold in 2005 to Wall Street investment firm Sterling Capital to launch Ameritas Schools International. As president of AMG Enterprises, O’Connor leads boutique real estate development projects on coastal properties.
“It is truly a privilege for a relatively new pharmaceutical company such as AccuDial to have the counsel of five seasoned executives with incomparable industry experience,” stated Robert Terwilliger, president, chairman and CEO of AccuDial. “We look forward to working with them and the rest of our board members to pursue the dynamic growth opportunities and expansion of AccuDial’s products — from OTC medications to prescription and institutional, as well as veterinary applications.”
Kama Sutra sponsors ‘Bachelor Pad’
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. The Kama Sutra Co. on Wednesday announced it would be a sponsor this year of ABC’s new show “Bachelor Pad,” which premieres Aug. 9 at 8 p.m. EST.
As part of the sponsorship, all cast members will receive Kama Sutra products. In addition, The Kama Sutra Co. was selected to be the exclusive provider of products for the “Fantasy Suite,” a room dedicated to romance and used by the couples for special nights together.
“We’re really excited to be part of the show; it’s going to be a lot of fun for everyone involved,” stated Joe Bolstad, founder of The Kama Sutra Co.
“Concurrently with the show, we are also going to be running some special giveaways via our Facebook and Twitter pages,” noted Shawna Taklender, Web service manager for Kama Sutra.