New York City gets pumped up for Vitaminwater10
NEW YORK Union Square Park in New York City was abuzz Thursday, complete with games, giveaways and “hydrators,” a promotional group for Glaceau’s newest product, Vitaminwater10.
Glaceau displayed its newest beverage, which boasts 10 calories per serving, in a pop-up gym. Visitors were given the opportunity to partake in activities and win various prizes, including a locker containing $10,000.
The featured activities were those which can burn 10 calories, such as paper football, tic-tac-toe and more.
Additionally, Vitaminwater10 distributed other prizes, including:
- For 11 winners, a pair of tickets to the Broadway musical, Rock of Ages, and 10 cases of the beverage.
- For five winners, each would receive a free one-year membership to the New York Health and Racquet Club, plus a dozen cases of Vitaminwater10.
- A year supply of Vitaminwater10
Each flavor of Vitaminwater10 is designed to help the body function more effectively by providing immediate energy, key nutrients and antioxidants. Vitaminwater10 contains rebiana and other natural sweeteners to make it rich in flavor.
Vitaminwater10 is available in four varieties: xxx (acai-blueberry-pomegranate), essential (orange-orange), energy (tropical citrus) and multi-v (lemonade).
- A single 20-ounce bottle has a suggested retail price of $1.49
- A 20-pack of the 20-ounce bottles has a suggested retail price $18.99. The variety pack includes xxx, energy and multi-v flavors.
- Also available: 16-ounce four packs of xxx and essential, retailing at $4.00.
“The key to delivering true innovation is very simple; it’s all about giving people what they want,” said Rohan Oza, chief marketing officer at Glaceau. “With Vitaminwater10 we’ve given calorie-conscious consumers something they’ve been desperately looking for — a beverage that doesn’t force you to sacrifice great taste for low calorie.”
Hershey’s 2009 Easter collection springs into stores and online
HERSHEY, Pa. The Hershey Co. springs into the season with ‘egg-citing’ new confections and classic favorites to make Easter sweeter than ever.
The confectionary giant has developed a Web site for consumers for delicious recipes, fun-filled family games and crafts, and a chance to win a $1000 U.S. Savings Bond and festive Hershey’s gift baskets through Hershey’s Colors of Spring National Coloring Contest. Consumers can check out www.KeepEasterEasy.com for more information.
Hershey’s has sweets for every Easter basket with an exciting new selection of confections at retail. New offerings include: a 6-ounce Reese’s Peanut Butter filled Egg, a Hershey’s Bliss Milk Chocolate Hollow Bunny, Hershey’s Bliss Milk Chocolate and Milk Chocolate with Meltaway Center Eggs and a Twizzlers Assortment Egg filled with Twizzlers Rainbow Twists, Twizzlers Strawberry Mini-Bars, Twizzlers Twizted Strawberry Blast Pull-N-Peel and Twizzlers Twerpz Tangy Filled Chews.
Beyond the Easter basket, Hershey’s new Spring Treats Mega Mix is a 45-piece assortment of fruit flavors including Twizzlers Strawberry Mini-Bars, Twizzlers Cherry Pull-N-Peel, Twizzlers Rainbow Twists and Jolly Rancher Jelly Beans.
HersheyGifts.com, a newly-designed Web site, offers a variety of distinctive gifts ready to ship nationwide making it the ideal destination for online gift-givers and last-minute shoppers hoping to make this Easter memorable.
Gift options for Easter include:
- Personalized Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bunny: Put a hop in someone’s step by giving them a personalized 12-ounce bunny molded from pure, creamy Hershey’s Milk Chocolate or rich Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate. A great centerpiece for Easter baskets and table settings, this delectable bunny can be inscribed with a name or personal message written in candy lettering.
- Bunny with Personalized Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Egg: Floppy eared and loveable, this plush 8” bunny comes bearing a stuffed Easter basket. Cradled inside is a personalized 7-ounce pure, creamy Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Egg.
- Build-A-Basket with Personalized Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bunny: Put a personal touch on a traditional Easter gift item. Tucked inside a beautiful spring-themed basket are assorted Hershey’s and Reese’s Miniatures, Hershey’s Kisses Brand Milk Chocolates, Hershey’s Solid Milk Chocolate Eggs, Jolly Rancher Jelly Beans and Reese’s Pieces Candies in a carrot-shaped package. Additionally, a Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bunny is included; personalized with a hand-written message.
Hershey’s Gifts is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To see the complete collection or to order Easter gifts, consumers are asked to visit www.HersheyGifts.com or call 1-800-4-KISSES (1-800-454-7737).
Kroger recalls mayonnaise due to possible health risk
CINCINNATI The Kroger Co. said Monday it has recalled Kroger Lite Mayo in 32-ounce plastic jars sold in Kroger stores in Southwestern Ohio, including Cincinnati and Dayton, and in Northern Kentucky and Southeastern Indiana because the product may be contaminated with Salmonella.
No illnesses have been reported in connection with the product.
Kroger is recalling the following item: Kroger Lite Mayo sold in 32-ounce jars with a “Sell by” date of Sept. 25 under the following UPC Code: 11110 66090.
Customers who have purchased the above product should not consume it and should return it to a store for a full refund or replacement.