Almay names Kate Hudson global brand ambassador
NEW YORK Revlon has announced that its Almay brand has named Kate Hudson as its newest global brand ambassador.
Hudson will be the face of new and existing Almay products and will appear in global multi-media campaigns that include television, print, in-store and Web placements. Her first television and print campaign for the brand is set to debut later this year.
“We are thrilled to welcome Kate to the Almay family. She is smart, confident and vivacious. Her energy and youthful spirit are contagious — Kate is a perfect ambassador for the Almay brand,” stated Revlon president and CEO Alan T. Ennis.
In addition to being featured in upcoming global advertising campaigns, Hudson will be involved in various company-sponsored philanthropic and fundraising events.
She will represent the brand at the Almay Rainforest Concert on Thursday, May 13th at Carnegie Hall in New York City. The concert benefits The Rainforest Foundation, founded by Sting and Trudie Styler to support indigenous and traditional people of the world’s rainforests in their efforts to protect their environment.
Alba Botanica to roll out Natural Acnedote
NEW YORK Alba Botanica will be shipping in June its new acne-fighting collection, dubbed Natural Acnedote.
The line is formulated with 2% salicylic acid and promises to help keep the skin clear, clean, shine-free and nourished. Products in the collection include:
- Natural Acnedote deep pore wash ($9.95)
- Natural Acnedote deep clean astringent: Eradicates excess oil and unclogs pores to reduce breakouts in eight hours ($9.95)
- Natural Acnedote oil control lotion: An oil-free zit-zapping lotion to help keep skin looking shine-free all day ($14.95)
- Natural Acnedote invisible treatment gel: A fast-acting, quickly-absorbing gel that helps reduce inflammation on contact and starts to deliver clearer skin in four hours ($9.95)
- Natural Acnedote face & body scrub: A foaming, acne-fighting scrub that is tough on backne but gentle enough for daily facial cleansing. It is infused with finely ground walnut shells to scrub away oil, dirt and pore-plugging dead skin cells while 2% salicylic acid helps fight breakouts ($9.95)
Alba Botanica products are sold at CVS, Target, Whole Foods Markets and natural foods stores.
Stridex launches new medicated pads line
OAK BROOK, Ill. Stridex has announced the launch of its new Stridex Naturally Clear medicated pads, which offer a 98.9% natural formula and are free of alcohol.
The pads are the latest addition to the alcohol-free pad line, which includes Stridex Maximum Strength, Essential and Sensitive.
Naturally Clear’s formula contains antioxidants white tea, pomegranate and soy. It removes dirt and oil with a natural cleaning system and provides salicylic acid (1%) to help clear up and prevent breakouts. The new pads are 20% larger than typical acne pads, and are a triangular shape to allow users to get into hard-to-reach areas.
Naturally Clear pads retail for between $5.49 and $6.49 for 70 pads.