YouCam Makeup, Eylure bring lash styles to AR-powered app
As part of its expansion beyond the world of lipsticks and eyeshadows, YouCam Makeup has announced a partnership with Eylure, which will allow users to try on and shop the latest trends in false eyelashes.
The integration of the New York City-based company’s augmented reality technology delivers users an authentic false lash try-on experience that brings Eylure’s line of products to life with a simple tap, the company said.
“We are thrilled to partner with the innovative influencer-driven brand Eylure to make their curated lash styles more accessible than ever before,” Alice Chang, CEO of Perfect, said. “YouCam is excited to further elevate the gorgeous styles of Eylure’s empowering curators to bring the lashes to life in a whole new dimension.”
In-app offerings from Eylure will feature lashes from influencer-curated collections by Las Vegas social media guru Vegas Nay, YouTube celebrity Jasmine Brown, makeup guru Krazyrayray and top-selling lashes from the U.K.-based brand’s silk effects, faux mink, definition and wispy collections.
A total of 10 Eylure lashes will be available for users to choose from, and YouCam’s AR try on allows consumers to test out all the styles in less than 10 seconds, the company said.
“Partnering with YouCam was a perfect match, and we’re so excited for consumers — and potential new ones — to experience our curated lash styles themselves,” Dametria Mustin, global marketing director of PCD Brands, said. “Whether you’re looking for that natural everyday look, or something more dramatic, our lashes add just the right amount of glam to take your style to the next level.”
In addition to lashes, YouCam Makeup will be coding in Jasmine Brown’s signature beauty look, including dark berry lips and dramatic contouring for users to experience and try on for themselves.
YouCam Makeup is currently available for download on the App Store and Google Play.
Gillette emphasizes importance of variety in men’s shaving products
When it comes to men’s shaving products, one size does not fit all.
To do this, the men’s grooming brand called upon “This Is Us” star Justin Hartley and men’s style influencer Adam Gallagher to co-host the demonstration in New York City, and used twin male models — New England Patriots defensive back Devin McCourty and his identical twin Jason McCourty, who also plays for the Patriots — to showcase these trends.
“I’ve turned my passion for individuality and style into my profession, helping men find their unique look that sets them apart from the crowd,” Gallagher said. “Gillette has the full lineup of tools guys need to achieve their look in any setting and at any budget. No other brand offers that versatility.”
The Boston-based brand’s new collection includes upgraded features at all points in both disposable and refillable razor options. Featured products within the presentation were:
- The Sensor3 Cool that features Gillette’s cooling technology, a pivoting head that adjusts to face contours, and offers up to 10 smooth shaves in a disposable razor. Previously only available on the top-of-the-line Fusion5 ProShield Chill, the product retails for $4.99 for a pack of three or $5.99 for a pack of five;
- The Gillette3 that contains three blades for a comfortable shave, aqua grip handles for total control and a front pivoting head that transfers the pressure of a user’s hand away from the blades for better skin comfort. A razor handle and two cartridges retail for $7.99;
- The Gillette5 that includes five blades for a comfortable shave, aqua grip for a strong grip and control and 15 soft microfins, which gently stretch the skin to create a smooth, even surface for the blades to glide over. Two cartridges and a razor handle retails for $7.99;
- The Mach3 that features low cutting force blades that deliver a smooth shave with less tug and pull, a skin guard with five microfins that stretch the skin for a smooth and even shave and a metal handle that includes elastomer grip points for better control. A razor handle and one cartridge retails for $5.99; and
- The Fusion5 that contains five antifriction blades that help reduce pressure per blade for a comfortable shave and a flexible microfin comfort guard to set up a beard for a close shave. A razor handle and one cartridge retail for $6.99.
“Gillette knows that all men are unique. Each one has a very specific look, style, preference or budget, and that’s something to be celebrated and recognized,” Pankaj Bhalla, director of Gillette and Venus North America, said. “It’s our mission to design, build and offer every man options when it comes to his grooming choices, allowing him to prioritize the features he values most, be it convenience, experience, comfort, closeness, price or otherwise. Gillette’s range of products means we have a razor for every guy, and variety that’s not offered by any other company or brand — and that’s something we’re proud of.”
H2O+ Beauty nourishes skin with coconut verbena collection
H2O+ Beauty, a brand that focuses on creating products, that leverage the hydrating power of pure water into its skin care products has unveiled its latest innovation — the coconut verbena collection. The brand was able to create this line by combining simple, natural resources with its advanced skin care technology.
Featuring three products, the line features verbena extract, coconut milk, coconut water and vitamin E to nourish and soften skin. Each of the new innovations also is formulated without parabens, phthalates and mineral oil.
The San Fransico-based company’s new line will consist of a 12.2-fl. oz. coconut verbena body wash that retails for $18, a body butter available in an 8-fl. oz. size that retails for $22 and a body butter travel size that comes in 2-fl. oz. and retails for $5.
Each of the products in H2o+’s new line contain a crisp, citrusy verbena scent, reminiscent of that of a tropical destination, the company said. Consumers can purchase the coconut verbena collection on the company’s website or on Ulta Beauty’s e-commerce website.