Walmart’s efforts to boost store experience lead to sales slump
Walgreens to provide Hep-C screenings in 12 markets
Bartell Drugs to celebrate opening of 63rd location
SEATTLE — Celebrating its milestone 125th anniversary, family-owned Bartell Drugs opens its 63rd store on May 22 in Lynnwood, Wash., with a lineup of festivities planned for May 30.
With its distinctive clock tower, the 15,000-square-foot-store will spotlight a variety of “next generation” features, including a full service pharmacy; the “Beauty” cosmetics section; the “Urban Market” with regionally-produced products; Bartells’ “Sweets & Snacks” section; and the Print Studio. For added convenience, the store has a drive-through window for pharmacy customers.
Grand opening festivities scheduled for May 30 include:
• A free hot dog “cookout” served up by volunteers from the Lynnwood Rotary;
• A performance by the “AMS Jazz Band” from Alderwood Middle School;
• Free or discounted health screening services for blood pressure, cholesterol, bone density and diabetes/glucose in the pharmacy area;
• A wide range of vendors offering free samples or special offers, including KIND Bar, Nuun, Seattle Chocolates and Bodyceuticals, plus “Spin the Wheel” opportunities for prizes.
• Free drawings for prizes, including two tickets to a Kenny Chesney concert, dinner at the Space Needle and a $50 Bartell Drugs gift card; and
• 94.1 KMPS on-the-air personalities broadcasting live.
• A ceremonial ribbon cutting is scheduled for May 28 as customers, members of the Bartell family, employees, vendors and local dignitaries officially celebrate the store’s opening.
“The store is conveniently located in one of the region’s most vibrant retail areas, and we look forward to serving the health and wellness needs of local residents, employees in nearby retail centers, and shoppers visiting the area,” stated Bartell Drugs chairman George Bartell.