Walmart customers get Hard Candy for spring
BENTONVILLE, Ark. Walmart is gearing up for spring with a collection of new Hard Candy beauty products slated to be on shelf the first week of May.
The new Hard Candy makeup products include:
- Hot Smudge: A duo cream eyeliner/smudge shadow housed in a long case with a brush and smudger. The price is $6.
- Meteor Eyes: This is a high-pigment, baked eye shadow that is buildable to create endless looks. It can be used “dry” for a sheer color or “wet” for an intense, dramatic look. The price is $6.
- Powder Keg: These powdery-fine, silky-soft shadows promise to deliver more intense color than pressed or cream eye shadows. The formula is made from pearlized powders. The price is $6.
- Welcome Matte: This is a micro-pigmented pressed powder that promises to eliminate unwanted shine. It includes a mirror and sponge and is priced at $8.
- Moon Glow: This is a multi-tasking translucent powder infused with illuminating gold powder. It includes a mirror and sponge and is priced at $8.
- Take Me Out Liner (glitter): This is a micro glitter-infused eyeliner pencil priced at $5.
- Take Me Out Liner (molten metal): The molten metal eye pencils are available in a rainbow of shades. The color glides on smooth and stays soft and creamy for blending (about 30 seconds), then dries for a long-lasting finish. The price is $5.
In addition to the new makeup, beauty mavens can also buy a 100% nylon Train Case accented with the signature Hard Candy art and customer zipper pulls ($9) or a cosmetic bag that also features the signature Hard Candy styling and zipper pulls ($4).
Beiersdorf appoints new agency of record
NEW YORK Beiersdorf has appointed Carat as its new agency for media planning and buying services.
“We were extremely impressed by Carat’s strategic vision and thorough understanding of our consumers’ media mindset. Through insightful targeting of our consumers, Carat will help us maximize our media investment and increase efficiencies. The full integration of our media planning efforts will build larger, even more breakthrough programs,” stated Nicolas Maurer, Beiersdorf VP marketing.
The appointment follows a four-month review process that select agencies, including incumbent OMD, took part in.
As its new agency of record, Carat, an Aegis Media Group company, will provide media strategy, planning and buying services for Beiersdorf’s Nivea, Nivea for Men, Eucerin and Aquaphor brands within the United States. Beiersdorf will continue to work with OMD’s Green Room Entertainment for its branded entertainment initiatives.
Beiersdorf partners with creative agencies TBWA and Draft FCB for its creative work.
Deschanel, Knowles and Munoz become Rimmel London brand ambassadors
LONDON Beauty company Coty has announced that Zooey Deschanel, Solange Knowles and Alejandra Ramos Munoz will join the lineup of ambassadors of Rimmel London.
They will team with Kate Moss, Georgia May Jagger and Coco Rochas as the ambassadors of the iconic British cosmetics brand.
Actress Deschanel, who has starred in such films as “(500) Days of Summer,” “Yes Man,” “The Happening” and “Elf,” will be the face of Rimmel London star products including a new breakthrough lash accelerating mascara, a perfecting powder foundation and a lasting lipstick. She will appear in its newest campaigns slated to debut in August worldwide.
Knowles, a singer/songwriter, producer, actress, entrepreneur and disc jockey, has released two inspired solo albums including the critically acclaimed “Sol-Angel and the Hadley St. Dreams” and her debut “Solo Star” on the Music World Entertainment label. Knowles will represent Rimmel London makeup looks in campaigns that debut in the fall.
Puerto Rican model Munoz was discovered by Rimmel London when she won a modeling competition sponsored by the brand. She will grace Rimmel London campaigns in the fall.