Walgreens brings beauty tips to life through Challenged app
- Use of CIRCA and/or Colour Prevails items as a primary component of the look;
- Clear steps to achieve the look; and
- The look’s summer relevance
The Skin Cancer Foundation grants Christie Brinkley Authentic Skincare Line ‘Seal of Recommendation’
NEW YORK — The anti-aging skin care line Christie Brinkley Authentic Skincare, developed by supermodel, actress and mother Christie Brinkley, has received the Daily Use Seal of Recommendation from The Skin Cancer Foundation, an international organization devoted to skin cancer prevention, early detection and prompt treatment.
The seal was awarded to the Recapture 360 + IR Defense Anti-Aging Day Treatment and the Recapture Day + IR Defense Anti-Aging Day Treatment. In addition to offering broad-spectrum SPF 30 protection from UVA/UVB rays, these products offer defense agains infrared rays, which make up 54% of the radiation that reaches Earth,
The Seal of Recommendation is awarded by The Skin Cancer Foundation to products that meet the requirements of its Photobiology Committee, a volunteer group of scientific experts on the effect of the sun's rays on skin. Each product that earns the seal has had its test results reviewed by the Photobiology Committee to ensure that it sufficiently and safely "aids in the prevention of sun-induced damage to the skin."
Brinkley collaborated with dermatologist Doris Day and a team of scientists and skin care experts, to create products that offer full-spectrum protection. Formulated with plant extracts, amino acids, and copper to support your skin's anti-aging defenses, the line offers women smoother, firmer, healthier, and younger-looking skin.
NACDS announces Total Store Expo ‘Insight Sessions’ lineup
ARLINGTON, Va. — With the National Association of Chain Drug Stores Total Store Expo less than three months away, NACDS has announced its lineup of educational Insight Sessions, which will offer presentations by experts on a variety of key issues and priorities including healthcare, business and logistics.
The NACDS Total Store Expo will take place from Aug. 22 to 25 at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver.
The sessions will take place on Sunday and Monday during the four-day trade show and strategic exchange. Each Insight Session is crafted to ensure that attendees are receiving helpful information to conduct business on a day-to-day basis on a variety of topics including the Affordable Care Act, business planning and logistics, consumer and market trends, innovation, genomics and digital solutions, NACDS stated.
To date, 21 Insight Sessions have been announced for the NACDS Total Store Expo:
- Bending the Chain: The Surprising Challenge of Integrating Purchasing and Logistics
- Consumer Trends in Health and Wellness
- Medication Adherence and the Role of Motivational Interviewing
- Pharmaceutical Trends, Issues and Forecasts
- Quality Improvement: Business Opportunities Beyond Medicare
- Telehealth: Enabling Access to Healthcare Services
- The 2015-16 Flu Season and Vaccination Updates
- The Future of Retail has Arrived. Ready or Not?
- What is “New” Versus What is Innovative
- Winning with Digital Marketing
- Beauty and the Millennials
- Current Trends in DEA Compliance
- Improving Transitions in Care: Role for Pharmacies
- King v. Burwell Decision: Impact on Pharmacies
- Lessons Learned in Complying with the Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA)
- Precision Medicine: Integrating Genomics into Pharmacy Practice
- Supply Chain Optimization: Partnerships between Retailers and CPG Suppliers Lead to Green
- The Collision of Digital Health, the Consumer and Wearables
- The Impact of Population Shifts on Retail and CPG in the U.S.
- Tobacco Cessation Programs in Community Pharmacy
- Welcome to Retail’s Emotional Economy – Analog, Digital, Sensory and Sound – How it all Comes Together for Emotional Retail
“The NACDS Total Store Expo provides the most cutting-edge programming for retailers and suppliers — and this year’s Insight Sessions are no exception,” NACDS president and CEO Steve Anderson said. “Each session is developed with all attendees in mind, across all segments of the rapidly-changing industry. Whether its consumer goods, retail, pharmacy, supply chain and logistics there is a session for every attendee that will provide forward-thinking knowledge for effective business planning.”
The Insight Sessions are also accessible — along with a host of other resources and information — on the NACDS Events mobile app. The app offers navigational tools and resources to enhance the attendee and exhibitor experience at the NACDS Total Store Expo. The 2015 NACDS Total Store Expo dashboard within the app provides attendees the tools to create a personalized schedule for the meeting, browse speakers and bookmark sessions of interest, search for exhibitors, reference resources in the local area, and access social media to keep up with updates about the meeting.
The NACDS Events app can be downloaded in both the Apple and Google Play app stores for iOS and Android devices. Users can also scan a QR code that will direct them to their phone's app store. An NACDS-TV video also offers a tutorial on how to download the app. Once the mobile app is downloaded, subscribers are directed to download the 2015 NACDS Total Store Expo dashboard.