Ulta to enter Charlottesville, Va. market this fall
ROCKVILLE, Md. Beauty retailer Ulta will open its first Charlottesville, Va., location at Barracks Road Shopping Center in late fall.
“Our goal is to help women look and feel their absolute best, while encouraging them to fully enjoy their personal shopping time,” stated Lyn Kirby, Ulta president and CEO. “Ulta provides every guest with a memorable experience that allows her escape from her busy day-to-day schedule while she experiments and interacts with our extensive selection of brands.”
The new 13,600-sq.-ft. store will be located next to the recently expanded Bed, Bath and Beyond, which now occupies 36,450 sq. ft. in a space next to Harris Teeter and the new Ulta.
As of July 31, Ulta operated 356 stores in 38 states.
N.Y.C. New York Color launches ‘berry’ cool line
NEW YORK N.Y.C. New York Color, a Coty beauty brand, is getting ready for fall with its new limited edition Berry Blossom color collection that includes products for lips, eyes, face and nails.
The collection includes:
- Rose lip gloss ($2.99): This product provides the coverage of a lipstick with the shine of a gloss with lush berry lip shades embossed with a rose pattern. Available shades: Rose kiss and peony kiss.
- Lippin’ Large lip plumper ($3.99): This lip enhancer promises to provide noticeably, fuller, plumper lips instantly with the lip-enhancing effects of cinnamon and ginger. It also is infused with vitamin E to keep lips smooth and soft. Available shades: Pink Tu-Lip and mulberry.
- IndividualEyes custom compact ($4.99): This coordinated shadow collection is designed to intensify and enhance eye color with a berry-inspired palette. Each of the four shades can be worn alone or blended to create a multitude of looks for day or evening. It is enriched with vitamins A and E and green tea extract. The kit includes one primer to prevent eye color from fading; four textured shadows to highlight, contour and define eyes; one illuminator to add dramatic highlight to the brow bone; one double-ended applicator; and step-by-step instructions on how to create several looks. Available shade: Berry Bloom.
- Eye Dust loose powder ($2.99): This blendable powder creates intense, smoky eyes. The concentrated, silky color glides on with a roller ball for a mess-free application. Use a small amount to create a subtle wash of color or more for an intense look. Available shades: Sparkling rose and wild orchid.
- Cheek Glow blush ($2.99): This oil-free blush is formulated with natural oil-absorbing ingredients to help control shine without clogging pores. Calendula extract helps soften skin and allows it to breathe, while oat flower soothes skin and rice starch absorbs oil. Available shades: Rose and cherry blossom.
- In A New York Minute quick dry nail polish ($1.99): Infused with a hint of shimmer to add depth and shine, this quick-dry nail enamel features a unique flat brush to produce the ultimate lacquer effect. Minerals like magnesium, iron, calcium and copper provider strengthening benefits, as the formula boosts shine and speeds drying time. Available shades: Peony and mulberry frost.
New Listerine Zero hits retail shelves
NEW YORK Oral care brand Listerine, by Johnson & Johnson Healthcare Products division of McNeil-PPC, has introduced its new Listerine Zero mouthwash.
Listerine Zero, available at retail as of August, is designed to have a less intense flavor and is alcohol-free. Like the original Listerine Antiseptic, Listerine Zero contains four essential oils for a cleaner, fresher mouth and promises to kill millions of bad breath germs on contact.
Listerine Zero is available in clean mint and has a suggested retail price ranging from $3.89 to $8.49.