Tom’s of Maine to air free online chat series in conjunction with new toothpaste, mouthwash line
KENNEBUNK, Maine To celebrate the launch of its new Wicked Fresh! toothpaste and mouthwash line, Tom’s of Maine has developed a free online chat series open to the public dubbed “Wicked Fresh! Wednesdays.”
As reported in June by Drug Store News, the new Wicked Fresh! toothpaste is the first to feature the company’s patent-pending, flavorless botanical licorice root extract combined with natural mint flavor oils to help banish bad breath. The Wicked Fresh! mouthwash is powered by naturally sourced mineral zinc oxide and is nonalcoholic. The toothpaste has a suggested retail price of $4.29 and the mouthwash is $4.99. The chat series is part of the product launch, which also includes a partnership with the Tony Award-winning Broadway musical “Wicked.”
The chat series, hosted on the Tom’s of Maine Facebook page, will air Wednesdays during the month of September and kicks off with actor Peter Facinelli of the “Twilight” series; followed by Mandy Gonzalez, star of “Wicked” on Broadway; green-living expert Sophie Uliano; and fashion designers Stewart+Brown. The Wicked Fresh! chat series is a live Q&A for fans.
- Wednesday, Sept. 1: Peter Facinelli – The actor, known for his roles as Dr. Carlisle Cullen in the “Twilight” series and Dr. Cooper on “Nurse Jackie,” will give fans a peek into his life both on and off set and why he is passionate about Save the Whales, among other charities to which he lends his time and financial support.
- Wednesday, Sept. 8: Mandy Gonzalez – Gonzalez portrays Elphaba in the Broadway blockbuster “Wicked,” which has helped launch the Broadway Green Alliance, an industry-wide initiative to reduce the Broadway community’s carbon footprint.
- Wednesday, Sept. 15: Sophie Uliano – The green guru and New York Times’ best-selling author of the “Gorgeously Green” series of books and GorgeouslyGreen.com will talk about her new book “Do It Gorgeously” and her commitment to Canswerlink, and will share advice for creating an earth-friendly life.
- Wednesday, Sept. 22: Stewart+Brown – Fashion designers and entrepreneurs Karen Stewart and Howard Brown, pioneers in the sustainable fashion movement, will share fall fashion tips, how they source fabrics and their perspectives on eco-fashion.
Each Wednesday’s chat will run live for one hour from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time, with the exception of Gonzalez’ chat, which will air from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. EDT. The chats are open to the general public and questions will be accepted prior to and during the chat session. To participate or submit a question, visit Facebook.com/TomsofMaine.
Ermis Labs rolls out new acne product line
ATLANTA Ermis Labs has announced the release of its new acne product line, CoralActives.
The collection, available as of August, includes CoralActives retinol exfoliating cleanser and CoralActives penetrating acne serum. CoralActives retinol exfoliating cleanser is a low-foaming formula developed with sensitive skin in mind. It has encapsulated retinol that releases as it cleanses the skin, microbeads to help with exfoliation and sea whip coral extract to help reduce inflammation. CoralActives penetrating acne serum has 6% benzoyl peroxide to kill bacteria, sea whip coral extract, humectants to attract water to the skin and emollients to retain moisture. The formula is to be applied topically to the skin once a day, goes on light and dries quickly.
According to the manufacturer, sea whip coral is what sets its products apart. It is a soft coral found in the Caribbean that provides a natural anti-inflammatory extract. Sea whip extract is a renewable resource, the company noted.
For 2011, the company is planning to introduce a line of anti-aging products, including:
- NightpHace Peptide Sequencer for the treatment of fine lines and wrinkles;
- DaypHace Active Peptide with SPF 30 for the treatment of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Eye Complex for the treatment of dark circles and puffiness.
Carma Labs introduces tinted, ultra-hydrating lip balms
MILWAUKEE Carma Labs on Tuesday announced the introduction of two new Carmex Moisture Plus ultra-hydrating lip balms with tints of sheer color. Sheer pink and sheer peach mark the first time Carmex has added a color to its lip balm products.
“In our nearly 75-year history, these are our first tinted products, and we are very excited about them,” stated Carma president Paul Woelbing. “They are an affordable way for women to give their lips intense hydration with a slight hint of color.”