Special K aids weight-loss goals with more fiber
BATTLE CREEK, Mich. Kellogg’s Special K brand has been reformulated to include more fiber.
Special K cereals with added fiber now will be available at stores nationwide. The reformulation shows the brand’s commitment to assisting consumers to meet their weight-management goals, Kellogg said.
“We’re excited to add positive nutrition to our portfolio of weight-management cereals without sacrificing the great taste consumers expect from the Special K brand,” said Jesper Lund Jacobsen, senior brand manager, Special K brand. “Special K cereals will continue to provide people with a simple solution to help them achieve realistic, attainable weight-loss goals.”
Find healthy foods in a snap with Caloricious
SAN FRANCISCO A new custom search engine for mobile devices enables customers to find nutrition-specific products in their local supermarkets.
Caloricious is a power application that focuses on the preferences and allergens contained in food and beverage items and offers the following features:
- Aquick, easy search of over 30,000 food and beverage items
- Consumer ability to identify products based on nutrients, allergens, ingredients and preference, such as organic, natural, vegetarian and vegan
- Simple explanations of health benefits for each product
- Calorie labeling and marking questionable additives
- Traffic light labeling alerts indicating high fat, cholesterol, sugar and sodium
- Spelling correction and search tips, including descriptive keywords, such as “high protein bars” or “gluten free cereal.”
The app is available on iTunes for $2.99.
“We are thrilled to launch our company in this booming online food media sector,” said Caloricious founder and CEO Guna Ramireddy. “We fully expect that Caloricious will revolutionize the way consumers view shopping for their personal dietary needs.”
Bulldozer relaxation shot looks to demolish energy drink market
MEMPHIS, Tenn. Frontier Beverage Co. has launched its second low-calorie, low-sugar relaxation beverage.
Following the retail debut of Unwind, a 12-oz. relaxation beverage, new Bulldozer is a 3-oz. shot containing 20 calories. Bulldozer is a proprietary blend of B vitamins and antioxidant-rich acai and berry juices combined with natural relaxation agents melatonin, rose hips and valerian root.
“We designed Bulldozer to be the most powerful relaxation aid on the market, with the goal of knocking out the effects of energy drinks, caffeine and daily stresses with only three ounces,” said Terry Harris, Frontier Beverage CEO.