Shopko introduces in-store pick-up service for orders placed through Shopko.com
GREEN BAY, Wis. — Shopko announced Wednesday the rollout of its expanded omnichannel, providing customers more access to product — including the ability to buy products on-line and ship them to store for free.
GreatCall launches suite of connected health-and-safety products and services through Rite Aid
SAN DIEGO — GreatCall on Wednesday announced that its suite of connected health and safety products and services is available in more than 4,000 Rite Aid pharmacies nationwide. By offering mobile health solutions in-store and integrating their wellness initiatives at Rite Aid pharmacies, GreatCall is transforming health care for the way shoppers age, the company stated.
- 5Star service – U.S.-based NAED Certified Response agents use the phone’s GPS and information provided in the user’s personal profile, to confirm the user’s location and effectively evaluate the situation. Agents provide the connection to whichever emergency services are required, from medication questions to emergency dispatch services;
- Urgent Care provides 24/7 unlimited access to speak with registered nurses or board certified doctors anytime, anywhere without having to travel to a doctor’s office or make a copayment;
- MedCoach medication reminder app enables users to easily follow medication schedules as prescribed by their doctors;
- The GreatCall Link app gives family caregivers peace of mind by providing both critical information in an urgent situation and snapshots of normal daily activities. Friends and family who download the Link app to their smartphone will receive an alert when the user of a GreatCall device contacts a 5Star agent in an emergency, including the date, time of call and type of help provided. In addition, the app provides information on daily events such as current locations, power status, and a list of activities to ensure that daily routines are normal and the device is charged and in use;
- Brain Games improve cognitive functions, improve memory and sharpen focus while providing fun; and
- Check-in Calls are friendly, automated calls that can be scheduled to check in on a family member, providing peace of mind.
CVS Health Research Institute evaluates quality of care at MinuteClinic for acute ailments
WOONSOCKET, R.I. — New data from CVS Health that examined quality of care for acute conditions at retail clinics, such as MinuteClinic, underscores previous research in suggesting that care at clinics for common acute conditions is the same or better than the care delivered in more costly settings like emergency rooms and urgent care centers.
Researchers from CVS Health Research Institute and Brigham and Women's Hospital published the findings in the October issue of The American Journal of Managed Care.
This study of 75,000 patients based on data from a major insurer is the largest to date evaluating the quality of care for acute conditions at retail clinics as compared with other care settings. Quality of care was assessed using 14 measures constructed from Rand Corp.'s Quality Assurance Tools as well as guidelines from the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Association of Family Practitioners and the Infectious Disease Society of America.
"As we all work to manage rising costs while dealing with a shortage of primary care physicians, identifying high quality health care delivery systems that provide convenient access to affordable care is increasingly important," stated William Shrank, chief scientific officer, CVS Health. "This study is the largest to date evaluating the quality of care for acute conditions at retail clinics such as MinuteClinic, and the findings are consistent with previous research in suggesting that care at retail clinics for common acute conditions is the same or better than the care delivered in more costly EDs and urgent care facilities."
When taken together with evidence that retail clinics are most cost effective and even cost-saving to patients, these results underscore the promise of retail clinics in offering care of high quality at lower cost than other settings. It also points to the potential role of retail clinics in improving care coordination for chronic disease management and population health management, according to CVS Health.
"MinuteClinic has long been focused on providing accessible, high quality, affordable health care that is complimentary and supportive of the primary care provider," stated Andrew Sussman, president, CVS/minuteclinic, and SVP/associate chief medical officer, CVS Health. "This data reiterates the high level of quality care provided by our MinuteClinic practitioners and suggests the important role our clinics can play in the rapidly evolving health care landscape."
The CVS Health Research Institute is focused on contributing to the body of scientific knowledge related to pharmacy and health care through research collaborations with external academic institutions, participation in federally-funded research, analysis and sharing of CVS Health data sources and coordination of pilot programs and initiatives.