Sheryl Underwood, Depend brand partner for awareness campaign
DALLAS — Talk show host and comedienne Sheryl Underwood is teaming up with Depend brand to share her experience with bladder leakage as part of Drop Your Pants for Underwareness. The iniative is an effort to break down the stigma of bladder leakage and support those who experience it, the company said.
“As an entertainer, I was taught how to be in the spotlight but no one ever prepared me for living with bladder leakage when you’re 50 years young,” said Underwood, who is featured on the daytime show The Talk on CBS. “There’s no name or face or age on this, and I hope that by sharing my story and joining Depend in Underwareness, I will inspire others and help them feel less alone.”
Underwood's testimonay is featured on Underawareness.com. The brand will donate $1 (up to $3 million) over the next three years to charities for:
- Every pant drop, photo and video shared and tweet tagged using #Underwareness and #DropYourPants; and
- Every personal video made about what Underwareness means to you that is uploaded to YouTube and tagged #Underwareness and #DropYourPants.
“We’re thrilled Sheryl Underwood was open to sharing her personal story in support of Underwareness,” said Elizabeth Metz, Depend brand director, Kimberly–Clark. “It’s very powerful to have a high profile person like her helping to change the stigma of bladder leakage and Depend Underwear. Sheryl’s a perfect example of how bladder leakage doesn’t have to slow people down.”
Alliance Boots acquires full ownership of the UniDrug Distribution Group
FDA to host public hearing regarding the implementation of GDUFA
- Abbreviated new drug application submissions, including content and format of ANDAs;
- Guidelines on the refusal to receive submissions for lack of proper justification of impurity limits;
- Amendments and easily correctable deficiencies under GDUFA;
- Prior approval supplements under GDUFA; and
- Controlled correspondence related to generic drug development.