Scott Naturals wants consumers to get smart with flushing habits
DALLAS Kimberly-Clark’s Scott Naturals brand has introduced the Smart Flush bag, a device that reduces toilet water use.
How it works: When placed in the toilet tank, the material in the Smart Flush bag absorbs water and expands, reducing the amount of water consumed in each flush by up to 1 L. The Smart Flush bag will be given away exclusively on Scott Naturals eight-pack and 12-pack bath tissue at retailers nationwide in September and October, while supplies last. The promotion will be supported by a national campaign, including a dedicated TV spot explaining Smart Flush and in-store video advertisements.
"K-C and the Scott Naturals brand are committed to sustainability and to preserving natural resources for future generations," said Doug Daniels, Scott brand manager. "The Smart Flush device makes it easy for consumers to conserve by reducing the water consumed by each toilet flush. This innovative solution aligns with Scott Naturals brand’s approach of making it easy for environmentally aware consumers to take a green step at home, without changing their normal routines."
Mid-Atlantic region gets its chance to ‘Unwind’
MEMPHIS, Tenn. A relaxation beverage’s retail distribution is being expanded to select stores in the mid-Atlantic region.
Frontier Beverage will distribute Unwind with the help of its newest partner, The Honickman Organization, to select stores in Virginia; Maryland; Washington, D.C.; Delaware; eastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey.
Unwind’s recently debuted sleek, 12-oz. lightly carbonated cans contain 40 calories and only 10 g of sugar.
CardStar extends customized couponing app for iPad
BOSTON A maker of mobile loyalty card applications launched one of its popular smart phone apps for the Apple iPad.
CardStar’s app is designed to connect merchants, brands and consumers through existing rewards card programs, the company said. Since launching in 2009, CardStar’s app has had 2 million downloads and currently services more than 700,000 active users.
CardStar’s customized couponing features:
- Scissor-free and hassle-free coupon clipping: To select a coupon, drag and drop it onto the corresponding merchant’s digital loyalty card inside of CardStar for iPad. To redeem saved coupons, simply use the loyalty card at checkout, whether it’s the original plastic one or digital version in the CardStar smart phone app (iPhone, Blackberry and Droid);
- Retailer and manufacturer coupons: CardStar currently partners with numerous retailers and coupon providers, including Zavers, to provide a wide range of saving opportunities;
- Personalization: CardStar helps avoid information overload by only sending coupons for retailers saved in a user’s CardStar card catalog;
- Filtering: Users easily can see coupons they’ve selected previously or search for those from specific brands; and
- Social sharing: Coupons can be e-mailed to friends and family through the app, and users also can automatically check-in through Foursquare at checkout.
"Coupons and rewards programs have been around for decades, but they haven’t adapted to today’s ever-evolving economy nor met consumer demand for digital content. The CardStar iPad app is an extension of the mobile wallet and offers consumers another touch point to connect with merchants and brands," said Andy Miller, CardStar CEO.