Sargento expands beyond cheese with latest snack product
PLYMOUTH, Wis. — Sargento Foods is expanding its snack products beyond cheese for the first time with the introduction of Sargento Balanced Breaks, the company on Tuesday announced. The Balanced Breaks snack — which combines natural cheese, roasted nuts and dried fruits — contains 7 g of protein and between 170 to 190 calories.
"Today's health-conscious consumers are looking for portable snacks that balance nutrition and great taste," said Chris McCarthy, director of marketing for the Sargento Foods Consumer Products Division. "With Sargento Balanced Breaks, consumers have a delicious new option to add to their snacking routine."
Balanced Breaks will be available in the following varieties:
- Natural White Cheddar Cheese, sea-salted almonds and dried cranberries;
- Natural Sharp Cheddar Cheese, sea-salted cashews and cherry-infused cranberries;
- Natural Pepper Jack Cheese, honey roasted peanuts and raisins; and
- Natural Sharp White Cheddar Cheese, sea-salted cashews and golden raisin medley.
Consumers can find Sargento’s new product in a package of three 1.5-oz snacks for a suggested retail price of $3.69
Hershey introduces new mint chews
HERSHEY, Pa. — The Hershey Co. on Wednesday debuted Ice Breakers Cool Blasts Chews, which provide consumers a “blast” of mint flavor in the form of a chew. The company is positioning the product as an alternative to traditional breath fresheners currently gracing retail shelves. The chews rapidly dissolve, the company noted, allowing for discrete use in social occasions.
"Hershey is dedicated to offering our fans new and differentiated products that fit with their needs and taste preferences," said Bill Blubaugh, director of refreshment. "As consumers seek out faster, more discreet ways to freshen breath, Ice Breakers Cool Blasts Chews offer a solution that provides long-lasting freshness in an instant."
The chews are available in an 0.8-oz slide pack in spearmint and peppermint flavors for a suggested retail price of $2.09.
Jack Link’s refreshes brand
MINONG, Wis. — Jack Link’s, a producer of meat snacks, announced a “brand refresh” which includes an updated logo, package design and product formulation. The overhaul will provide a more compelling snack solution for consumers, the brand said.
“The meat snacks category is on fire and so is Jack Link’s,” said Jeff LeFever, VP of marketing at Jack Link’s. “We want to continue to push the category to new levels. As the category leader, it is our mission to provide our retail partners with a brand, product and package that will continue to drive their sales.”
The changes include:
- New logo positioned for new consumers, occasions and innovation: The logo was designed to better convey the brand’s “Feed Your Wild Side” positioning and appeal. The change also represents a shift from meat snacks to protein snacks, which the brand said creates a “broader, more dynamic innovation pipeline.”
- New design to improve shopability: The new layout helps consumers identify with ease the different proteins, flavors and nutritional facts.
- New product formulation: According to Jack’s Links, food scientists have worked for three years to develop a process to remove MSG and preservative without compromising taste and texture.
“Consumers want cleaner labels and healthier snacks without sacrificing taste,” said Mike Gerber, VP of research and development at Jack Link’s. “That is precisely what we are able to deliver with our new product formulation.”
Loading Post Please Wait...