SABMiller, AB InBev reach agreement on acquisition offer
BRUSSELS, Belgium — Two of the biggest beer makers in the world will soon be merging, as news emerged Tuesday that SABMiller had agreed to the terms of Anheuser-Busch InBev’s latest offer to acquire the company. After several rejected offers, SABMiller has accepted AB InBev’s proposal to pay 44 pounds ($67.14) per share in cash per share of the company, with a partial share alternative for 41% of SABMiller’s shares.
The all-cash offer is a 50% premium on the closing price of SABMiller’s shares on Sept. 14 (the last business day before AB InBev started approaching the company with acquisition offers).
The deal would total around $106 billion if SABMiller’s board decides to move forward on the tentative agreement.
Mars unveils new offerings at NACS Show
HACKETTSTOWN, N.J. — Mars Chocolate North America this week has announced a lineup of new products that it will roll out in the next few months — news shared at the annual National Association of Convenience Stores Show in Las Vegas, Nev. Among the new products are a new variety of Snickers Bar and M&Ms — Snickers Crisper and M&M’s Crispy Candies.
“Snickers Bar is the top-selling and fastest-turning item on shelf, so shoppers will be eager to pick up new Snickers Crisper,” Mars North America’s VP sales Tim LeBel said. “This new item — along with new M&M's Crispy Candies — answers consumers' desire for new textures, which has created a Crispy Crunchy Segment within the chocolate category.”
The full line of new snacks and products includes:
- Snickers Crisper, which combines crisped rice and peanut beneath a layer of caramel, all coated in milk chocolate;
- goodnessknows Snack Squares, which will be available in cranberry almond dark chocolate, apple almond and peanut dark chocolate and cherry almond dark chocolate;
- Combos Baked Snack chocolate fudge pretzel, which have a creamy fudge filling inside a pretzel shell;
- Dove Chocolate Fruit & Nut, which features fruit and spiced nuts in Dove chocolate and will debut in strawberry and cocoa almond, blueberry and vanilla cashew and raspberry and honey roasted almond;
- M&M’s to-go bottle, which are reusable bottles that can be re-used and contain M&M’s or peanut M&M’s;
- M&M’s relaunched Brand Box Pack format;
- Milky Way Midnight bar, which will be available in a 2 To Go size; and
- Seasonal shapes of snacks like Twix Ghosts, Santas, Hearts and Eggs; Snickers Pumpkins, Christmas Trees, Hearts and Eggs; and Milky Way Simply Caramel Bunnies.