Reed’s to debut kombucha beverage
Dollar Tree and Family Dollar receive second request for information from FTC
Mondelēz International releases first progress report on well-being goals
DEERFIELD, Ill. — Mondelēz International issued its first report emphasizing the company's progress in achieving its global well-being goals. The report outlines important steps the company has taken to meet key metrics in such areas as mindful snacking, sustainability, communities and safety.
- Projected to meet goal of delivering 25% of revenue from Better Choices by 2020. In 2013, 22% of revenue was from Better Choices products, the company reported; and
- On target to increase individually wrapped portion control options by 25% by 2020. Since 2012, Mindful Portion products grew by 7%.
- In 2013, 10% of cocoa, 56% of coffee and 44% of West European biscuits were sustainably sourced, according to the company;
- On target to reach global goals to reduce greenhouse gases and water use in manufacturing by 2015. In 2013, the company reduced water use by 11% and GHG emissions by 9%;
- The company reduced energy use by 6% through 2013, but noted that more improvement is needed to reach goal of reducing energy use in manufacturing by 15% by 2015; and
- Exceeded goal to reduce manufacturing waste by 15% by 2015 — 46% reduction through 2013.
- On target to meet goal to invest $50 million in lifestyle community partnerships. In 2013, allocated $25 million to programs covering 10 countries.
- On target to achieve food system safety certification for all interanl manufactuering facilities by 2015. By end of 2013, 75% of manufacturing sites were FSSC 22000-certified.