Rebels Refinery joins Target’s men’s grooming lineup
The latest addition to Target’s men’s grooming section is looking to make personal care appealing to a notoriously no-frills demographic. Rebels Refinery, started by three friends, combines natural ingredients with a sleek package design, and is now available in Target stores and online.
The nine-SKU line of products spans the category from lip balm to shampoo, beard oil and under-eye moisturizer. Rebels Refinery products contain such ingredients as vitamin E, green tea and Canadian raspberry seed oil, as well as peptides and botanicals — including aloe and sunflower seed extract.
The Rebels Refinery line includes:
- Rehab Roller under-eye moisturizer, which contains a blend of botanicals an caffeine that the company said reduces puffiness and dark circles ($9.99);
- Rebels Hair Styling Paste, which offers a matte finish ($16.99);
- Dirty Boy bamboo face and body wipes, biodegradable wipes that contain natural anti-fungal ingredients ($5.99);
- 2-in-1 body wash and shampoo, which has botanicals that can rejuvenate and soften skin ($6.99);
- Moisturizing beard and pre-shave oil, which has anti-dandruff ingredients that the company said are also designed to promote hair growth and soften hair ($13.99);
- Anti-wrinkle moisturizer, which is designed to reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles with such ingredients as green tea and Canadian raspberry seed oil ($8.99);
- Advanced Clear Skin face wash, a sulfate-free cleanser for all skin types that uses vitamin E to revitalize the skin and such botanicals as jasmine, aloe and orange peel oil to balance skin tone, texture and oil production ($8.99);
- Capital Vices skull lip balm, a unisex product that uses coconut and sweet almond oils to nourish and protect lips — all in a skull-shaped container embossed on the bottom with a “Hamlet” quote from the titular character, “be all my sins remember’d” ($9.99 for a three-pack); and
- Wealth of Man organic oil bar soap, which uses organic coconut and palm oils, as well as soy protein to rejuvenate and cleanse. The company said that each bar is hand-wrapped, strung and sealed with wax in Toronto in batches of 500 ($4.99).
Cosmoprof North America recognized by trade show media groups
On the heels of Cosmoprof North America, an internal B2B beauty trade show, hosting a preview of emerging beauty trends from around the globe, the company has announced that it has been recognized by two trade show media groups — the Trade Show News Network and Trade Show Executive.
The TSNN placed the company in the 68th spot on its list of Top Trade Shows for 2017. Cosmoprof North America also qualified to be chosen as one of TSNN’s Top 25 fastest-growing trade shows in attendance and net square footage.
Cosmoprof also won the TSE’s Fastest 50 awards trade shows, which is based on the highest percentage of growth in the net square, number of exhibiting companies and number of attendee’s categories.
The 2017 Cosmoprof North America show held at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas from July 9 to July 11, delivered 36,787 attendees — which is 9% up from the previous year — and 1,278 exhibitors from different countries, also up an additional 9% from 2016. The show floor space covered 293,306 sq. ft. of space, with an increase of 4% from the year before.
Rembrandt brings whitening strips to major retailers
Consumers who are looking for a brighter, whiter smile may be able to achieve that goal with the latest launch from Rembrandt — the 1 Week Whitening Kit. Now available in nearly 4,500 Walgreens, Walmart and Target locations, the product contains custom-fit whitening strips that allow 90% more stain removal than brushing alone, the company said.
“Rembrandt is the original at-home teeth whitening brand, and we continue to innovate and bring scientifically proven products to the market so consumers can achieve their best smiles right from the comfort of their own home,” Don Cumming, global brand director for Rembrandt, said. “The 1 Week Whitening Kit is the perfect tool to add to your dental care routine, especially when you’re preparing your smile to look its best for your most important moments; and now it’s easy to find on-shelf at some of the nation’s largest retailers with the new product locator on Rembrandt.com.”
Rembrandt’s whitening kit is made with enamel-safe ingredients used by dentists to remove deep stains, the Grand Rapids, Mich.-based company said. The kit also contains 14 day’s worth of whitening treatment in half the time, retailing for the suggested price of $24.99.
Further product information can be found on the company’s website alongside a store locator for the kits.