Progresso adds a homemade classic to its lineup
MINNEAPOLIS — Progresso, a brand from General Mills, announced that it will be expanding its line of products with two new varieties of chili. The chili is ready to eat in under 6 minutes, and makes a perfect meal to satisfy the family, according to the company.
"For those consumers that desire high quality ingredients in their chili, new Progresso Chili comes in two unique flavor variations — Smokehouse Pork and Beef Chili with Beans and Southwest Style White Chicken Chili with Beans," said Jose Garcia-Herron, Progresso marketing manager. "The new pouch packaging and clear bottom format helps maintain the freshness and flavor and allows you to see the ingredients and quality for yourself."
Smokehouse Pork and Beef Chili with Beans has Andouille sausage, beef and spices, which are all slow-cooked with tomatoes, onions, green sweet peppers and pinto and red kidney beans. The Southwest Style White Chicken Chili with Beans variety is a blend of all-white meat chicken, white beans, green sweet peppers, tomatillos and onions.
Progresso Chili is available nationwide for a suggested retail price of $4.49 per 20-oz. pouch, which contains 2.5 servings.
Purina debuts new natural pet food options
ST. LOUIS — Nestle Purina PetCare Co. announced the introduction of Purina Beyond, a new natural pet food option. Beyond dry recipes are made with real meat, poultry or fish as the main ingredient. All recipes contain no corn, wheat, soy, poultry by-product meal or added artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
Purina Beyond is available for dogs and cats in the following varieties:
- Purina Beyond Simply 9 Dry Dog Food: Ranch-Raised Lamb & Whole Barley Recipe or White Meat Chicken & Whole Barley Recipe;
- Purina Beyond Superfood Blend Dry Dog Food: Salmon, Egg & Pumpkin Recipe or Barley, Egg, Sweet Potato & Cranberry Recipe;
- Purina Beyond Adventure Dry Dog Food: Grain-Free Tuna & Egg Recipe;
- Purina Beyond Dry Cat Food: White Meat Chicken & Whole Oat Meal Recipe or Salmon & Whole Brown Rice Recipe;
- Purina Beyond Superfood Blend Dry Cat Food: Herring, Egg & Sweet Potato Recipe or Barley, Egg & Cranberry Recipe;
- Purina Beyond Grain-Free Dry Cat Food: Ocean Whitefish & Egg Recipe;
- Purina Beyond Pate Wet Cat Food: Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe, Salmon & Brown Rice Recipe, Grain-Free Trout & Catfish Recipe, Grain-Free Wild Salmon Recipe, Grain-Free Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe or Grain-Free Ocean Whitefish & Spinach Recipe; and
- Purina Beyond Gravy Wet Cat Food: Tuna, Herring & Sweet Potato Recipe, Grain-Free Chicken, Beef & Carrot Recipe, Grain-Free Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe, Grain-Free Tuna, Mackerel & Carrot Recipe or Grain-Free Turkey, Spinach & Sweet Potato Recipe.
"Deciding which foods to feed ourselves and our pets is one of the most important decisions that we make every single day," said Jan Dempsey, Purina senior pet nutritionist. "Each Beyond recipe is formulated to optimize the way our real natural ingredients plus essential nutrients come together to deliver excellent nutrition to help pets live long, healthy lives."
Blue Moon delivers new ale inspired by Latin America
CHICAGO — Blue Moon Brewing Co. is introducing Blue Moon Cinnamon Horchata, an ale inspired by the traditional and popular Latin American drink known as Horchata.
The ale was created by Keith Villa, founder and head brewmaster at Blue Moon. Villa looked to his Mexican heritage to create the beverage, which delivers a clean cinnamon flavor, according to the company.
"Growing up in a Mexican family, I had Horchata all the time when I was young, but then I rediscovered it in recent trips to Latin America," Villa said. "I wanted to develop a brew for adults that combined the refreshing and creamy attributes of the traditional Horchata, so I'm beyond pleased that we finally made it a reality. It brings me great pride to introduce this brew into the market."
Cinnamon Horchata Ale will be included in the company's fall and winter brewmaster sampler packs, which will be available nationwide. A limited supply of the ale will be available in 6-packs beginning Aug. 1 in select cities in Texas, California, New York and Colorado.