P&G, Aldi and Henkel among Product of the Year winners
Everything from beauty to pet care was covered by Product of the Year when naming their winners for 2018. The consumer-voted awards, which are backed by 40,000 voters, are conducted by Kantar TNS — as in previous years.
To be considered, companies submitted applications on products that have been released between January 2016 to August 2017. Afterwards, a survey was compiled and users were able to evaluate a product based on appeal, satisfaction, advocacy, purchase interest, uniqueness, relevance and excitement.
The ceremony for the 2018 winners was held at the Edison Ballroom in New York City, and hosted by comedians Rachel Dratch and Ana Gasteyer. Among the big winners were Henkel, Aldi, and Procter & Gamble.
“Product of the year answers an essential question — ‘How do I find great new products — with so many launches, so many claims, how do you find the best?’ This year, a record number of products entered to compete for the winning spot in their respective categories. With the help of 40,000 consumers nationwide, we are excited to champion these winners as they have achieved that validation,” Mike Nolan, CEO of Product of the Year, said. “Product of the Years’ distinctive red seal of approval continues to help shoppers find the best new products on the shelves and give the winners a well-earned competitive advantage.”
The full list of winners includes:
- Air Care: Febreeze ONE
- Bakery: Duncan Hines Perfect Size for 1
- Beauty: Schwarzkopf Gliss Ultimate Repair Anti-Damage Mask
- Beer: Heineken Coolerpack
- Better-For-You Snack: Aldi Elevation by Millville High Protein Bars
- Breakfast: Sandwich Bros. Breakfast Sandwiches
- Candy Bar: Oreo Chocolate Candy Bar
- Car Care: Valvoline Easy Pour Bottle
- Convenience Meal: Imagine Super Soups
- Cooking: Copper Chef Deep Square Pan
- Dish Care: Cascade Platinum
- Dishwasher Cleaner: Cascade Platinum Dishwasher Cleaner
- Feminine Care: U by Kotex Fitness
- First Aid: Curad SoothePlus
- Frozen Entrée: Cooked Perfect Fire Grilled Chicken
- Frozen Side: Green Giant Veggie Tots
- Health & Wellness: Pure Protein Super Food
- Home Cleaning: Purell Multi Surface Disinfectant
- Ice Cream: Skinny Cow High Protein Packed Low Fat Ice Cream
- Laundry Booster: Purex Crystals Botanicals
- Laundry Pacs: Tide Pods Plus Downy
- Liquid Laundry: Gain Botanicals
- Men’s Hair Care: Just For Men Control GX
- Pain Relief: ProCure Epsom Salt Gel
- Personal Care: Nature by Canus Fresh Canadian Goat Milk Soap
- Pet Care: Turtle Wax Power Out! Carpet & Mats Heavy Duty Cleaner
- Ready-to-Drink Cocktail: Smirnoff Spiked Sparkling Seltzer
- Snack Cup: Aldi Friendly Farms Greek Yogurt Tilts
- Spreads: Aldi Little Salad Bar Guacamole
- Sugar Confections: Toffifay
- Women’s Grooming: Finishing Touch Flawless
Walgreens’ Soap & Glory steps beyond lip service
Walgreens’ Soap & Glory brand on Thursday launched its ‘More Than Lips’ campaign to remind women everywhere that whatever their shade of gloss, they can, and should, always share their voice. Soap & Glory was inspired to create a safe space for brave women everywhere who are finding the courage to share their stories, say what is on their minds and proudly showcase their own unique beauty.
Soap & Glory is inviting every Soaper star to be a part of the More Than Lips campaign and speak up, share their experiences, and — most importantly — be heard. To kick it off, Soap & Glory will be debuting a two-minute long video on their campaign microsite, YouTube channel, and Instagram account (@soapandgloryusa), featuring the “pout-standing” lips—and powerful voices — of a diverse group of women.
Soap & Glory encourages everyone to join the conversation by sharing this video on their social media channels using the hashtag #MoreThanLips.
Soap & Glory’s More Than Lips campaign began at the Women’s March in Los Angeles on Jan. 20. Women participating in the March were invited to speak their minds in a private booth so they felt comfortable to share honestly in a safe space. From those recorded stories, the More Than Lips video was created. By highlighting women’s lips, their message is impactful yet feminine. Some chose to share what makes them feel powerful, while others shared raw emotions about what it’s like to be a woman today.
Soap & Glory supports She Should Run, a national organization that is working to increase the number of women running for elected office to 250,000 by 2030.
Soap & Glory beauty-stuffs are available exclusively at Walgreens, Target and Ulta.
Coty searches for AI innovations with Digital Accelerator Program
Coty has announced a new program that will allow technology start-ups to share their latest innovations at the New York City-based company’s Quarterly Digital Accelerator Summit. This opportunity will allow the winner to work with its brand portfolio, and focus on a series of capabilities, with the first being Artificial Intelligence. Start-ups who are interested can submit their best AI-pitch by selecting any of the company’s brands by March 12. Submissions should:
- Provide a concise description of what makes the start-up unique in AI;
- Select a Coty brand and demonstrate how it will benefit from the technology; and
- Describe the preferred partnership model to drive in-market trialing.
“At Coty, we’re focused on transforming our digital capabilities across the organization, and the launch of the Digital Accelerator represented a key milestone in this transformation. I’m thrilled to take this initiative a step further by bringing external start-ups into the mix. Coty has a growing expertise in partnerships with a breadth of start-ups to drive growth across our brands. This includes our acquisitions of Beamly and ghd, partnership with Younique and new connections via our relationship with Zenith. Throughout Coty, we foster an “act like a start-up” culture, encouraging creativity, agility and quick action. We’re excited about fostering deeper commercial relationships with start-ups aligned with our key priorities. AI is a foundational example of this,” Jason Forbes, Coty’s chief digital and media officer, said.
From there, the company will select eight start-ups based on projected growth impact on one more Coty brands, and present their ideas directly to the brand leaders at the summit on March 27 and 28 in London and New York City. There also will be a prize fund of up to $100,000, along with prizes of $10k to $50k awarded based on criteria fit. Other benefits include:
- Strategic support from the digital team;
- Priority access to brand executives worldwide;
- Coty’s domain expertise, with access to proprietary consumer research in the beauty and luxury industry; and
- Stress testing the technology with a real brand challenge using budgets for initial pilots.
“Partnerships between Coty and emerging companies such as Beamly and Holition, which launched our first app free Augmented Reality (AR) experience exclusively for CoverGirl, is an indication of how we’d like to bring disruptive new approaches to the market in partnership with unique new players in AI, AR, voice and other rapidly growing technologies. We intend to foster these relationships and look forward to more examples like this coming out of our Digital Accelerator summits,” Fred Gerantabee, Coty’s VP of digital innovation, said.