Pirate’s Booty will set sail in iconic parade
Derma e skin care hits Ricky’s NYC stores
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. — Skin care brand derma e has announced that 28 of its products now are available at urban retailer Ricky’s NYC, which specializes in unique fashion accessories, cosmetics and beauty supplies.
“Derma e is excited to partner with Ricky’s NYC,” said Jennifer Norman, VP marketing for derma e. “Ricky’s progressive customers are extremely savvy on the movement to cruelty-free, vegan, ethically-sourced products, which is why derma e natural skincare is such a great fit. We’re glad to contribute to Ricky’s future growth and success with our products that promote healthier skin, a healthier environment and a healthier world.”
The following derma e natural skin care products now can be shopped at 15 Ricky’s NYC stores in New York City and Miami, as well as online:
- Firming with DMAE, Alpha Lipoic and C-Ester: Firming DMAE Cleanser, Firming DMAE Toner, Firming DMAE Serum and Firming DMAE Moisturizer.
- Hydrating with Hyaluronic Acid: Hydrating Cleanser, Hydrating Facial Wipes, Hydrating Mist, Hydrating Day Crème, Hydrating Night Crème and Hydrating Eye Crème.
- Evenly Radiant with Vitamin C: Evenly Radiant Brightening Cleanser, Evenly Radiant Brightening Day Crème SPF 15, Evenly Radiant Brightening Night Crème and Evenly Radiant Dark Circle Eye Crème.
- Very Clear with Herbal Anti-Blemish Complex: Very Clear Oil-Free Acne Wipes, Very Clear Acne Cleanser, Very Clear Acne Scrub, Very Clear Moisturizer and Very Clear Acne Spot Treatment.
- Antioxidant Natural Sunscreens: Antioxidant Natural Sunscreen SPF 30 Oil-Free Face Lotion and Antioxidant Natural Sunscreen SPF 30 Body Lotion.
- Natural Beauty Essentials: Microdermabrasion Scrub, BB Crème Light Tint SPF 25, BB Crème Medium Tint SPF 25, Makeup Remover, Skin, Hair and Nail Oil, Anti-Wrinkle Vitamin A Retinyl Palmitate Crème and Psorzema Crème.
LEED certification marks milestone in sustainability commitment for CVS
WOONSOCKET, R.I. — CVS Health has announced that the CVS/pharmacy store in West Haven, Conn., has been awarded the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Platinum certification, making it the most energy efficient CVS/pharmacy store in the country.
This achievement marks the first CVS/pharmacy store to be certified with the U.S. Green Building Council’s highest distinction and is the company’s eighth LEED-certified building.
“CVS Health is proud to celebrate this model store, which allows us to pilot environmental innovations and uncover best practices we can apply to other facilities,” said Eileen Howard Boone, SVP corporate social responsibility and philanthropy at CVS Health. “This initiative aligns with our CSR platform, Prescription for a Better World, and supports our efforts to reduce our impacts on the environment.”
The LEED system, developed by the USGBC, is the most internationally recognized program for green building certification. The Platinum level distinguishes those buildings that are designed, constructed and operated for improved environmental and human health performance.
CVS/pharmacy’s West Haven store features:
- Recycled materials used in building design;
- Stormwater design to reduce runoff;
- Landscaping that doesn’t require irrigation;
- A solar photovoltaic system to improve energy efficiency;
- High-efficiency lighting, HVAC and plumbing systems;
- Day lighting technology; and
- An electric car charging station, and more.
With these features, the West Haven store uses 40% less energy and 50% less water, compared with a traditional building of similar size. CVS/pharmacy plans to incorporate some of the elements from the West Haven store into future new stores.