Pepsi brings emoji fever to beverage aisle
PURCHASE, N.Y. — Pepsi has kicked off an unprecedented global campaign that speaks to consumers in today's most popular language: Emoji.
The brand's PepsiMoji campaign invites fans across the U.S. to #SayItWithPepsi this summer. Emoji-clad bottles and cans are already hitting stores, where over 1 billion bottles and cans around the world will feature the emojis.
"Pepsi is bringing a completely fun, fresh and shareable way for fans to express their emotions, as the brand brings emojis into the world like never before," said Chad Stubbs, VP of marketing, Pepsi. "From unique five-second TV ads to an interactive Times Square Billboard to nearly half a billion PepsiMoji bottles across Pepsi, Diet Pepsi and Pepsi MAX hitting retail shelves, everyone will want to #SayItWithPepsi this summer."
To support the new campaign, Pepsi is releasing an innovative and first-of-its-kind series of over 100 five-second TV ads on May 16 that showcase the wide variety and witty PepsiMoji characters. The breadth of the campaign and creative allows for highly contextual relevance during programming.
Continuing throughout summer 2016, PepsiMoji designs will be popping up in a variety of ways:
- A PepsiMoji catalogue is available for consumers to download for free on the Apple App and Google Play stores.
- A partnership with STORY, New York City's retail concept store, will help bring to life the "Have Fun" installation to the store this spring. The installation is about experiencing emojis through different mediums and exploring self-expression and communication with Pepsi. The concept store will also feature custom PepsiMoji merchandise, a collaboration between PepsiCo Design and The Joester Loria Group. The collection features apparel, tabletop essentials, tumblers and more. The space will also serve as a venue for various events through the end of May.
- An interactive billboard in Times Square in New York City that consumers can be a part of, starting June 6 and running for two weeks.
- An activation at MLB All-Star Week, July 8-12 in San Diego, where Pepsi will create engaging fan experiences that celebrate #SayItWithPepsi throughout the event.
- A custom #SayItWithPepsi Snapchat integration to celebrate World Emoji Day on July 17.
- Later in the summer, an additional wave of PepsiMoji designs will be released online and on bottles.
Barefoot launches wine spritzer in cans
MODESTO, Calif. — Growing wine brand Barefoot is giving wine drinkers a reason to look forward to summer with the launch of Barefoot Refresh Spritzers in convenient and portable cans.
The exciting new concept in wine adds a touch of summer to any season and lets people take wine many places where it couldn't go before.
"This is such an exciting moment for us here at Barefoot, and also for wine fans across the country," said Jen Wall, winemaker for Barefoot Wine & Bubbly. "It's all about making Barefoot convenient. We took this 'step' to give folks summer in a can at any time of year and to take away some of the barriers for enjoying wine when and where people want."
The sleek, fit-in-your-hand, 8.4-ounce cans are able to go many places where wine bottles and glass aren't always welcome. The cans pack easily into coolers and ice chests, and are ideal for poolside, the beach, barbecues and any kickback place when the weather is warm or when you want a taste of summer.
Barefoot Refresh Spritzers, made in the classic spritzer style, are a refreshing wine-based beverage with a signature spritz. Available in Crisp White and Summer Red, they taste terrific over ice, mixed in a cocktail and, of course, straight from a chilled can.
"One of our missions at Barefoot is to make the everyday more fun and to make life, and wine, less serious," said Wall. "I genuinely believe people around the country will love our Refresh Spritzers in cans and they'll love all the places they can take them."
Barefoot Refresh Spritzers in cans are yet another innovative idea from Barefoot—the most awarded wine brand in U.S. competitions —and they deliver all the quality, value, convenience and fun that people know to expect from Barefoot.
Affordably priced at a suggested retail price of $8.99 for a four-pack or $2.49 for singles, Barefoot Refresh Spritzers in cans are now available at CVS and retailers nationwide.
Parents on a mission to disrupt the frozen novelty aisle
LAGUNA BEACH, Calif. — A Southern California brand committed to "Putting Fruit First" has expanded product distribution for its frozen fruit bar line to almost 100 stores across the U.S.
Modern Pop frozen fruit bars are primarily made from fruit. The idea originated after founders and new parents, Julie and Brad Podolec, failed at several attempts to find a frozen fruit bar they felt comfortable giving their teething infant. Options in their grocer's freezers fell short. They contained too much sugar, not enough fruit and too many hard to pronounce ingredients.
"We're proud to be executing on our vision of creating new offerings in the frozen section with clean labels, less sugar, and more fruit," said Brad Podolec, co-founder.
Modern Pop currently distributes product through DPI Specialty Foods and UNFI.
Available in three varieties: Strawberry Lemonade, Raspberry Pomegranate and Pineapple, Modern Pop frozen fruit bars are bridging the gap between nutrition and indulgence.
They are currently sold in California, Nevada, Arizona and Hawaii at Costco, Whole Foods stores, Gelson's Markets, Bristol Farms and other retailers.