Parody infomercial hammers home anti-smoking message
Shoppers Drug Mart gets personal with new app, digital Optimum card
TORONTO — Retailers are increasingly elevating their game and looking to better connect with consumers via personalization and Canada’s Shoppers Drug Mart is no exception.
The retailer has announced that it is beefing up its retail loyalty program, Shoppers Optimum, with My Optimum. My Rewards. — a new personalized digital experience. The new digital platform includes an enhanced Shoppers Drug Mart app and a digital Optimum card, making it easier than ever for Canadians to earn additional rewards on the products.
“Shoppers Optimum members love earning the best free rewards in retail and they will love loading their personalized offers directly to their new digital Optimum card even more,” stated Shelagh Stoneham, SVP, marketing, Shoppers Drug Mart. “We are creating a one-on-one relationship with our customers, with offers personalized to their shopping habits and sent straight to their smartphone.”
Optimum members will now receive personalized offers and points via their mobile device, email or the web, and can load them to their digital or plastic Optimum card. They can also scan their digital Optimum card directly from their smartphone to earn and redeem points.
The digital Optimum card is now available for Apple and Android devices by downloading the redesigned Shoppers Drug Mart mobile app.
The new Optimum digital platform delivers weekly load-to-card offers tailored to members' shopping preferences, including a personalized flyer picking the relevant promotions for each customer. Optimum members will receive offers on products they want and use, from cosmetics and skincare to vitamins and snacks, allowing them to earn rewards faster on everyday purchases along with special offers on new items.
Optimum members will now benefit from these new digital features:
• New, personalized offers arriving every Saturday via email, web or directly to smartphone;
• A personalized flyer, based on each customer's shopping preferences, selecting the most relevant products on promotion;
• View and load offers from their mobile device or the new Optimum website;
• Scan their digital Optimum card to earn or spend points at checkout;
• Check Optimum points balances on the go;
• Transfer Optimum points to a loved one's account;
• Donate Optimum points to a favourite charity – including the Canadian Red Cross for the Nepal Region Earthquake Fund;
• Browse store flyers and create shopping lists;
• Manage prescriptions;
• Find the nearest Shoppers/Pharmaprix store and check store hours or late night or 24-hour access to pharmacy services; and
• Add their Optimum card to Passbook on iOS.
A few facts about Optimum:
• Every 23 seconds a new member joins the Shoppers/Pharmaprix Optimum program;
• Every second a product is redeemed for free with Shoppers Optimum points at a Shoppers Drug Mart or Pharmaprix store; and
• 386,507 lipsticks and 1,312,206 toothbrushes were redeemed for free using Optimum points in 2014.