PAM adds coconut oil spray to the mix
OMAHA, Neb. — PAM Cooking Spray, a ConAgra Foods brand, earlier this week announced the introduction of PAM Coconut Oil Spray to it’s lineup.
The spray is made with 100% coconut oil and is ideal for gluten-free cooking, the company said. PAM also cited an Omnibus survey that indicated high consumer interest in the coconut oil spray.
“We have seen a tremendous rise in the popularity of coconut oil over the past year,” said Brittany Lanier, brand manager for PAM. “The addition of PAM Coconut Oil Spray gives consumers a no-fuss alternative to traditional coconut oils for fat-free cooking, while delivering the superior non-stick performance they’ve come to expect from PAM.”
PAM Coconut Oil Spray is now available at Walmart, with additional retail locations to follow. The product comes in 5-oz. cans for a suggested retail price of $4.29.
Dole, Blue Diamond invite consumers to ‘Peel the Love’
WESTLAKE VILLAGE, Calif. — Dole, a producer of fruits and vegetables, and Blue Diamond Almond Breeze, a brand from Blue Diamond Growers, are launching simultaneous Peel the Love Banana Cabana Tours in 2014. The tour will play up the versatility and fun of bananas and offer new ways to add fresh produce to summer meals, snacks and entertaininment plans, the company said.
“Last year, our Peel the Love Tour took the eating-healthy-can-be-fun message to banana lovers in 10 cities across the country,” said Bil Goldfield, Dole Fresh Fruit Company’s director of corporate communications. “But almost from the start, consumers and retailers wanted more. So, we’re doubling the love in 2014 to help meet untapped demand for recipes, serving suggestions and other tangible ways to put the ‘fun’ back in summer produce.”
Consumers can drop by a Peel the Love Banana Cabana Tour stop and present a grocery receipt showing a Dole Bananas qualifying purchase to receive a complimentary gift, such as a commemorative Dole hat, T-shirt or other branded item.
The separate tours will launch Memorial Day weekend, covering the Eastern and Western parts of the United States. Dole will be able to pay a visit to banana fans in 26 cities by Labor Day. The colorful tour vehicles and "Banana Cabanas" will offer banana recipes, recipe booklets, product samples and banana-themed kid’s activity sheets. A full tour schedule will be posted in April at Dole.com/PeeltheLove.
Chobani serves up new varieties
NEW BERLIN, N.Y. — Chobani, a Greek yogurt brand, announced the addition of six new products to its portfolio, which includes such products as Chobani Greek Yogurt Oats, Chobani Indulgent and Chobani Kids.
The six new products will join the Chobani lineup starting June 2014:
- Chobani Greek Yogurt Oats is a strained Greek yogurt mixed with real fruit and whole grain steel-cut oats. It’s available in such flavors as banana maple, apple cinnamon, blueberry and cranberry;
- Chobani Indulgent marks the brand’s first dessert product. Chobani Indulgent takes full-fat Greek yogurt and combines it with all-natural ingredients. Varieties include Dulce de Leche, Raspberry Dark Chocolate Chunk, Mint Dark Chocolate Chunk and Banana Dark Chocolate Chunk flavors;
- Chobani Kids features low-fat plan Greek yogurt and real fruit and such flavors as grape and watermelon that kids will enjoy;
- Chobani Seasonal adds a seasonal twist to the company’s core line, with limited flavors that refresh each season. Consumers can expect Watermelon and Pink Grapefruit flavors this summer, with fall flavors to be announced in the future;
- Chobani Simply 100 Greek Yogurt in Key Lime and Pineapple Coconut is a low-calorie option for weight managers seeking a light yogurt; and
- Chobani Kitchen, which is made with 4% whole milk, is geared toward consumers looking to incorporate full-fat dairy products into baking recipes and as a topping on baked potatoes and chile.
“We’ve always believed that if we can’t do something better, we won’t do it at all. With our new products and innovations, we are extending the way people enjoy Greek Yogurt in America and bringing better food to more people,” said Hamdi Ulukaya, Chobani founder and CEO. “We’re just getting started.”