Nestlé introduces new lineup of Halloween treats
GLENDALE, Calif. — Nestlé USA Confections and Snacks on Thursday introduced its new sweets selection from Nerds, SweeTarts, Laffy Taffy, Butterfinger, Nestlé Crunch and more. The company also is offering three new Halloween candy variety packs.
"Moms want the convenience of bagged variety chocolate and sugar candy with prices that won’t break their budget,” said spokeswoman Tricia Bowles of Nestlé USA. “Our value-priced Halloween collection makes it easier than ever to give favorite classic treats to family, friends and trick-or-treaters.”
According to NDP Group’s Snack Track Holidays Halloween Profile, 8-out-of-10 families participate in multiple Halloween events, with candy making up 69% of Halloween-related items bought by consumers. This year’s Halloween collection from Nestlé Confections & Snacks includes:
- Nestlé Nuts About Peanuts – Each package is filled with individually wrapped fun size pieces of Butterfinger, Baby Ruth, Goobers and Oh Henry! (20 oz., SRP: $5.99);
- WONKA Mixups – Each package includes 200 individually wrapped treat size pieces of SweeTARTS, Laffy Taffy, Bottlecaps and NERDS in assorted flavors (53.3 oz., SRP: $9.99);
- SweeTarts Gummies – Individually wrapped pieces in cobweb printed packaging with assorted orange, lemon, blue raspberry, grape, apple and cherry flavors (10 oz., SRP: $2.99);
- Wonka Trickster Treats – This value bag features an assortment of 425 individually wrapped pieces of Wonka’s most popular sweets — Laffy Taffy, Gobstopper, SweeTarts and Spree (103 oz., SRP: $19.99);
- Nestlé Chocolate and Sugar Variety bag – 215 pieces of Nestlé chocolate and sugar candy all-in-one handy bag – Nerds, Gobstoppers, Crunch and Butterfinger mini-size pieces (65 oz., SRP: $14.99);
- Butterfinger Pumpkin – Butterfinger Pumpkins are crispy, crunchy, peanut-butter-filled Butterfinger pieces in creamy milk chocolate (1.2 oz., SRP: $0.69); and
- Wonka Spooky Nerds Rope – Nerds are wrapped around a chewy gummy rope, featuring grape, orange and punch flavors adorned with festive Nerds, spiders and webs (25 oz., SRP: $4.99).
Neuro to launch six new flavors in 2014
LOS ANGELES — Soft drink maker Neuro is launching new flavors in 2014, the company said.
Neuro, which calls its products "functional beverages," said it would launch six new flavors — two each for its Sonic, Bliss and Sleep drinks — that will include new labels for the bottles. The six new flavors were refined based on a series of consumer tests and include blood orange, raspberry, mango and other flavors. The new flavors will hit shelves in January.
"To continue to develop the brand at point of sale, we honed in on the top three functions consumers desire most, to offer more choice while experiencing the same proven benefits," Neuro president Paul Nadel said. "Our No. 1 goal is to always meet and exceed the changing needs of our customers while delivering a quality product."
Anheuser-Busch intros cocktail-inspired beverages
ST. LOUIS — Anheuser-Busch is continuing to blur the line between beer and cocktails. The brewer’s latest addition to the popular Ritas family is Bud Light Lime Cran-Brrr-Rita, a limited-edition winter offering. Cran-Brrr-Rita hits store shelves in November, and will be available in 12-packs, 8-oz. cans and 25-oz. cans. Straw-Ber-Rita has been a huge hit this summer and is the largest share gainer in the beer industry this year, according to A-B.