Nasacort Allergy 24HR makes sure you can smell that spring is in the air
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — Chattem on Wednesday teamed with Neil Pasricha, an allergy sufferer and bestselling author of "The Book of Awesome," as well as Charles Wysocki, a renowned expert on the science of smell, to educate Americans about the importance of smell and encourage them to celebrate the “awesome” scents of spring that often make us happy.
Chattem's allergy remedy, Nasacort Allergy 24HR, is scent and alcohol free and is available over-the-counter at full prescription strength to help relieve nasal allergy symptoms like congestion, so even the worst allergy sufferer can enjoy the "Happy Smells of spring," the company stated.
For the more than 60 million Americans who suffer from seasonal and year-round hay fever and other upper respiratory allergies, symptoms like sneezing and nasal congestion can inhibit smell. “Smells are chemicals — and although many people think of chemicals as bad things, they are integral to our experiences,” Wysocki explained. “Smell is also the only sense with a direct link to the part of the brain called the limbic system, which governs emotion and behavior. That’s why for many people, smells can evoke feelings or make them recall vivid or emotional old memories. It’s a powerful sense that affects us every day.”
“Every day, I celebrate the little moments in life that are truly awesome — and from the smell of the first barbecue wafting over your neighbor’s fence to the smell of rain on a hot sidewalk, the spring time is full of them,” Pasricha added. “But like a lot of people, I suffer from terrible seasonal allergies and can’t smell a thing unless I take care of the symptoms with Nasacort Allergy 24HR. For me, awesome things are what life’s all about. So the more I manage my allergies, the more awesome things I experience.”
i-Health addresses more symptoms with new AZO Yeast Plus
CROMWELL, Conn. — i-Health recently announced the introduction of its new AZO Yeast Plus formulation that addresses several symptoms associated with a yeast infection.
The new formulation includes new homeopathic ingredients that help alleviate itching and burning and vaginal odor and discharge. Each tablet contains Candida albicans 30X, Kreosotum 30X, Natrium muriaticum 12X and Sulphur 12X ingredients.
AZO Yeast Plus retails for a suggested price of $8.99 for 60 tablets.
CHPA adds 17 members
WASHINGTON — The Consumer Healthcare Products Association earlier this month welcomed six new manufacturer members and 11 associate members to the assocation.
The new manufacturers that joined CHPA include Aurohealth, a contract and generic OTC manufacturer; Focus Consumer Health, which distributes Adamia Therapeutic Repair Lotion; Foundation Consumer Healthcare, which markets products Bronkaid and Neo-Synephrine; PuriCore, which produces Vashe Wound Therapy for acute and chronic wounds, including diabetic ulcers and burns; Sacks Brothers Formulations, whose products include Quinsana Plus Athlete's Foot Powder and Quinsana Plus Jock Itch Powder; and Teva Women's Health, marketer of the emergency contraceptive Plan B One-Step.
New associate members include:
- AmerisourceBergen, one of the largest global pharmaceutical sourcing and distribution services companies with services ranging from drug distribution and niche premium logistics to reimbursement and pharmaceutical consulting services;
- Brandperx, a marketing company that puts clients right in the hands of only the people they want to reach — via an active discussion between consumers and their trusted doctors, dentists and veterinarians. With almost 250,000 healthcare providers under exclusive agreement, Brandperx reaches medical offices, allowing brands nationwide access and exposure, and offers precise targeting by customizing a media plan by medical specialty, disease state, retailer and/or geography;
- The Food Innovation Nexus, a product development and venture creation firm that innovates at the intersection of food and medicine, identifying and developing new therapeutic food products;
- Nicholas Hall & Co., an international publishing concern specializing in OTC's, conferences and business consulting;
- Houlihan Lokey, an international, advisory-focused investment bank with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financial restructuring and valuation;
- Market Performance Group; a consulting company comprised of seasoned industry professionals with retail, marketing and sales backgrounds;
- PD Holdings, a leader in spray technologies that supplies pharmaceutical, OTC and nutrition companies with drug-quality specialty and custom processed materials, including direct compression calcium and magnesium carbonates, taste-masked minerals and vitamins and complex granulations;
- RoundTable Healthcare Partners, a healthcare investment firm focused on the pharmaceutical and medical device markets;
- Sonoco Products Company, which provides a variety of consumer packaging and industrial products, protective packaging and displays, as well as packaging supply chain services;
- Strategic Business Research, a full-service marketing research firm servicing the pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare industries; and
- TP-Growth, a private equity firm with investment focus on the consumer packaged good business.
Loading Post Please Wait...