Nair launches new Brazil-inspired hair removal products for body, face
NEW YORK — Church & Dwight’s Nair has developed a line of hair removal creams and waxes for the body and face that are inspired by the hair removal and skin care secrets of Brazil.
The new products, which are in midst of hitting retail shelves with full distribution expected by March, are infused with mineral-rich clay and natural extracts for spa-smooth skin that is promised to last.
The new products include:
Brazilian Spa Clay Shower Power hair removal cream: An in-shower depilatory for legs and body. The suggested retail price is $9.99;
Brazilian Spa Clay Roll-On wax: A microwavable roll-on sugar wax for legs and body and 10 reusable cloth strips. The SRP is $10.49;
Brazilian Spa Clay Sensitive Face hair removal cream: A specially designed sensitive formula depilatory for the upper lip, chin and face. Features a precise, hands-free applicator for easy, accurate delivery. The SRP is $4.99; and
Precision Face Roll-On wax kit: A water-rinseable sugar wax that can be used on facial hair, upper lip and eyebrows. The SRP is $7.99.
Former Walmart.com exec appointed to Ulta Beauty’s board of directors
BOLINGBROOK, Ill. — Ulta Beauty has announced that Catherine Halligan, SVP of Powerreviews, a social commerce platform, has been appointed to its board of directors, effective Jan. 20.
Halligan fills a directorship vacated by Hervé Defforey, who announced plans to resign from Ulta Beauty’s board, effective Jan. 28. As previously announced, Defforey, who resides and works primarily overseas, cited the demands of these commitments as the reason for his resignation. Board member Kenneth Stevens replaces Defforey as chair of the nominating and corporate governance committee.
Halligan joins the Ulta Beauty board with more than 20 years experience in marketing and e-commerce within the retail industry. Prior to joining Powerreviews, Halligan held several senior level positions with prominent retailers. Her previous roles included: chief marketing officer of Walmart.com; VP of direct marketing for Blue Nile; and VP and general manager Internet for Williams Sonoma.
Jane Carter Solution introduces new Natural & Curly Hair Essentials kit
NEW YORK — Jane Carter Solution has announced the newest addition to its line of all-natural hair care products — the Natural & Curly Hair Essentials kit.
The Jane Carter Solution Natural & Curly Hair Essentials kit is available at Target and Rite Aid. It retails for $19.95 (a $30 value) and contains the line’s six essentials:
- Hydrating invigorating shampoo SLS-free (2 oz.): Sulfate-free shampoo that employs humectants to help hair hold more moisture with an added hint of peppermint to wake up the scalp;
- Nutrient replenishing conditioner (2 oz.): Contains ingredients that permanently bond to hair’s cortex, leaving it stronger with greater elasticity;
- Revitalizing leave-in conditioner (2 oz.): Seals in vital panthenol and humectants, and acts as a protective barrier against heat styling and sun damage;
- Wrap & Roll (2 oz.): This mousse dries clean and soft without leaving any residue;
- Curl defining cream (1 oz.): A lightweight, all-natural curl cream formulated to lengthen and define natural curl pattern while drying to a soft, shiny, bouncy finish; and
- Nourish & Shine (1 oz.): A blend of all-natural vitamins and essential oils that melt into hair and add shine without leaving hair greasy or limp.