Mountain Dew brings back Blast
PURCHASE, N.Y. — Mountain Dew has some great news for fans of its Mtn Dew Baja Blast beverage: The oft-requested flavor will be available in bottles again for spring and summer 2015, beginning April 20. And for the first time, Mtn Dew Sangrita Blast, a citrus-punch beverage available only at Taco Bell will also be available for a limited time in bottles and cans.
"Mountain Dew has always been committed to having ongoing conversations with our loyal fans and really listening to what they want," said Greg Lyons, VP of marketing, Mountain Dew. "After seeing the excitement DEW Nation had with last year's surprise announcement of Mtn Dew Baja Blast coming to shelves, there was no question we had to bring it back."
The two beverages are only available while supplies last. Baja Blast made its debut over a decade ago as an exclusive beverage at Taco Bell. According to the brand, it’s the second largest and fastest growing beverage sold at Taco Bell, amassing more than $1 billion in sales since it was first introduced.
Boar’s Head intros premium summertime snacking options
SARASOTA, Fla. — Boar’s Head Brand, a producer of deli products, announced it’s rolling out a line of premium products, which range from jerky to hummus snack packs.
"Busy parents and anyone on-the-go can enjoy a convenient, delicious and nutritious snack with the premium Boar's Head snacking line," said Elizabeth Ward, director of communications for Boar's Head brand. "Whether planning a road trip or looking for a quick protein boost between meals, Boar's Head snacking products are a satisfying complement to your busy summertime schedule."
The premium snack line includes:
- Butcher Craft London Broil Seasoned All Natural Beef Jerky & Buffalo Style All Natural Turkey Jerky: A grab-and-go snack made with no artificial colors or flavors and 10 g of protein per serving;
- Cheese Snack Pouches, which are available in three varieties: Vermont Cheddar Cheese, Gruyere Cheese, and a combo pack featuring 3 Pepper Colby Jack and Chipotle Gouda Cheeses. The cheese snacks come individually wrapped, making them a handy addition for a lunch bag or a cooler as you hit the beach, the company said;
- Hummus Snack Packs: Boar's Head Hummus Snack Packs come with an individual serving of hummus paired with gluten-free pretzels, and are available in two flavor options: traditional hummus or roasted red pepper hummus;
- Hummus Singles: This snack is single-portioned and available in the following Hummus flavors: traditional, roasted red pepper and roasted chipotle pepper;
- Antipasto Packs: The packs feature Boar's Head Genoa Salame & Picante Provolone Cheese or Sopressata & Picante Provolone Cheese pre-sliced antipasto combinations. They can be stacked for a quick treat, or arranged on an antipasto party platter for entertaining, the company said.
The new snacks are available at select supermarkets, gourmet stores and delicatessens across the country.
Sargento expands beyond cheese with latest snack product
PLYMOUTH, Wis. — Sargento Foods is expanding its snack products beyond cheese for the first time with the introduction of Sargento Balanced Breaks, the company on Tuesday announced. The Balanced Breaks snack — which combines natural cheese, roasted nuts and dried fruits — contains 7 g of protein and between 170 to 190 calories.
"Today's health-conscious consumers are looking for portable snacks that balance nutrition and great taste," said Chris McCarthy, director of marketing for the Sargento Foods Consumer Products Division. "With Sargento Balanced Breaks, consumers have a delicious new option to add to their snacking routine."
Balanced Breaks will be available in the following varieties:
- Natural White Cheddar Cheese, sea-salted almonds and dried cranberries;
- Natural Sharp Cheddar Cheese, sea-salted cashews and cherry-infused cranberries;
- Natural Pepper Jack Cheese, honey roasted peanuts and raisins; and
- Natural Sharp White Cheddar Cheese, sea-salted cashews and golden raisin medley.
Consumers can find Sargento’s new product in a package of three 1.5-oz snacks for a suggested retail price of $3.69
Loading Post Please Wait...