Mike’s gets red-hot with latest beverage
CHICAGO — Mike's Hard Lemonade Co. announced its newest seasonal flavor, Mike's Harder Apple Firebomb. The flavored malt beverage is available on store shelves now in a series of limited-edition, consumer-designed collectible cans.
Mike's Harder Apple Firebomb (8% ABV) takes the flavor profile of a crisp apple and pairs it with red-hot cinnamon. The four designs were named and chosen by fans and include Apple Spitfire, Mad Kitty Cocktail, Hot Apple Pi-Ro and Red Hot Apple. One individual can will debut in stores each month through January, though all four collectible designs can be viewed at MikesHarder.com.
Old Orchard celebrates the flavors of fall
SPARTA, Mich. — Old Orchard Brands is celebrating the flavors of fall with a new line of fruit juice cocktails. The festive juices — available in Apple Pie, Caramel and Apple Cherry Cobbler varieties — are sold in 64-oz. bottles with a suggested retail price of $1.99 per bottle.
The seasonal juices will first appear on store shelves in November and will remain available for sale through December. Apple Pie currently is available at grocery stores nationwide; Caramel Apple and Apple Cherry Cobbler will be found exclusiely at Walmart.
"We're known as a premium juice brand, certainly, but also as category innovators," said Mark Saur, founder and CEO of Old Orchard Brands. "We had a lot of fun recreating the classic flavors of the season as ready-to-drink juices, and we believe our fans will find they evoke the spirit of the season in a fun, refreshing way."
Weight Watchers launches new cereals
MINNEAPOLIS — Weight Watchers on Monday launched a line of branded, ready-to-eat cereals at select retailers. The cereal made its market debut with some help from Mom Brands, a family-owned cereal company that is licensed to manufacturer and distribute the brand.
The new cereals help consumers meet their weight-management goals, according to the company:
- Weight Watchers Oat Clusters With Almonds features sweetened flakes of corn and wheat, with added granola clusters made with steel-cut oats and sliced almonds. The 120-calorie cereal includes 8 g of whole grains per serving;
- Weight Watchers Whole Grain Honey Nut Toasted Oats cereal is made with real honey and provides 13 vitamins and minerals. This variety contains 120 calories per serving and provides 18 g of whole grains;
- Weight Watchers Frosted Shredded Wheat With Protein features 12 layers of sweetened whole grain wheat. It offers 6 g of protein, 5 g of fiber, 40 g of whole grains and 210 calories per serving;
- Weight Watchers Oat Clusters With Cherries and Almonds contains sweetened flakes of corn and wheat with added whole grain oat granola clusters, sliced almonds and cherries. It provides eight essential vitamins and minerals and has 120 calories per serving; and
- Weight Watchers Chocolate Frosted Shredded Wheat, which features 12-layer biscuits that contain 38 g of whole grains and provide 5 g of fiber per serving.
"When it comes to food purchasing decisions, taste and health are high on consumers' grocery lists," said Dorothy Johnson, Weight Watchers brand manager, MOM Brands. "We are excited to give weight-conscious consumers new cereals that they can feel good about eating and help them lead healthier lifestyles without sacrificing taste and convenience."
Consumers can find Weight Watchers cereals at Kroger, Safeway, Meijer and several other retailers. National distribution is expected in January 2015, the company said.
Loading Post Please Wait...