Method drops limited-edition metallics collection
Method, the brand behind the eco-friendly home, fabric, and personal care products, is unveiling a new limited-edition collection that brings some serious style. The Urban Metallics line was inspired by precious warm and cool metals, such as copper, pewter and brass.
The products mesh the San Francisco-based company’s classic bottle design with faceted forms and geometric patterns to give them a modern and architectural feel. Aside from a new design, four new fragrances will be added to the line.
“At method, we constantly strive to innovate, disrupt and drive trends,” Doug Piwinski, CMO of People Against Dirty, said. “We also look to emerging trends when creating our seasonal offerings, and the luxurious metallic finish we’re seeing everywhere today in art, design and fashion is undeniable. We’re thrilled that our Urban Metallics look and feel more like home accessories than cleaning products, yet we’re just as excited about what’s inside our naturally derived products as what they look like.”
The four new launches are:
- cool lavender: a pattern of sharp lines complemented by an herbaceous lavender scent, that will be available in a polished nickel + pewter designed 12-oz. gel hand wash, and a pewter and brass designed 10-oz. foaming hand wash.
- burnished cedar: a diamond-inspired pattern complemented with a woody scent that blends notes of cedar, sandalwood and amber, and is available in a brass and antique designed 12 oz. gel hand wash and an antique brass + rose gold designed 10-oz. foaming hand wash;
- copper rain: a watery scent inspired by a copper sunset after a summer rain; available in a rose gold, copper designed 12-oz. gel hand wash and a copper, polished nickel designed 10-oz. foaming hand wash; and
- golden citrus: contains notes of zesty lemon, grapefruit and orange, which is available in a 12-oz. gel hand wash, 10-oz. foaming hand wash, 18-oz. dish soap and 28 oz. all-purpose cleaner in a gold, brass design.
Method’s Urban Metallics Limited Edition Collection can be purchased in Target locations, online and on Walgreens website until summer 2018 for the suggested retail price of $3.49.
Revlon announces additional Live Boldly ambassadors
Revlon has unveiled who will be joining previously announced Live Boldly ambassador Gal Gadot as faces of the campaign. Models Ashley Graham, Adwoa Aboah, Imaan Hammam and Raquel Zimmermann have also been tapped as additional representatives, as they embody what it means to live boldly, the company said.
Ashley Graham was chosen as a Live Boldly ambassador for using her celebrity voice to publicly challenge conventional perceptions that have changed the industry’s perspective by creating a more inclusive definition of beauty, which as a result has inspired women everywhere, the New York City-based company said.
“I am thrilled to be part of this timely and groundbreaking campaign with different types of women across races, ages and sizes, and to leverage this platform to continue to create positive change,” Graham said. “To ‘Live Boldly’ is the mantra of my life. Every day in the mirror I say to myself, ‘I am bold, I am brilliant, I am beautiful,’ and together with Revlon, we can inspire all women to do the same.”
Aboah was recently named Model of the Year by The British Fashion Council, and in 2015 founded Gurls Talk, an online community dedicated to providing girls with a platform to share their stories, empowering them through a broader community.
“Revlon gives us a platform that allows us to be accessible to all different types of women,” Aboah said. “To me, ‘Living Boldly’ means being unapologetic, knowing no boundaries, being vulnerable, strong, authentic and yourself.”
Model Imaan Hammam has become a fixture on runways around the world, as has Brazilian-born cover and runway model and environmentalist, Zimmermann, who also was named one of the “30 models of the 2000s,” by Vogue Paris.
Revlon’s Live Boldly campaign has launched across all media platforms, additional information can be found on the company’s website and social media feeds.
FragranceLock expands distribution, unveils new packaging
FragranceLock is targeting a new range of consumers with the recent unveiling of its new packaging, designed towards better communicating with consumers about the benefits of the product while standing out on the shelf.
The product, which has expanded distribution to CVS Pharmacy locations, is sprayed anywhere from 10 to 12 inches over where the user’s desired fragrance was sprayed. This leaves an invisible, breathable mesh on the skin, resulting in the deceleration of the fragrance’s natural evaporation cycle, meaning a longer lasting fragrance, the company said.
“By fine-tuning key attributes of the brand such as the new accessible price point and impactful packaging, our goal is to introduce FragranceLock to a wider consumer base extending the life of everyone’s favorite fragrance.” Lori Mariano, FragranceLock brand development, said.
The company also has had its product tested by users, which stated:
- 96.8% of the test panel said FragranceLock lasted 12 hours or more.
- 84.3% of respondents said their fragrance lasted twice as long than normal.
- 78.1% of women said it would make lives simpler without multiple fragrance applications.
- 96% of women liked the experience of using the product.
FragranceLock can be purchased in a 2.7-oz. bottle online or in CVS Pharmacy locations nationwide for the suggested retail price of $15.