Meijer kicks off Skechers concept shop pilot
ECRM eyes supplier diversity at recent event
APhA Foundation names 2015 student scholarship program recipients
WASHINGTON — The American Pharmacists Association Foundation has announced the recipients of its 2015 Student Scholarship Program.
The student scholarships are awarded to recognize exceptional demonstration of leadership skills and academics through active involvement in the APhA Academy of Student Pharmacists.
For the first time, a new scholarship honoring the late former APhA president Mary Munson Runge will be awarded. Runge is known as a pioneer for women in pharmacy, particularly for being the first female and African-American president of APhA. The 2015 recipients are:
- Brandi Bowers – University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Pharmacy (Mary Louise Andersen Scholar)
- Jessica Dizon – University of New England College of Pharmacy (Mary Munson Runge Scholar)
- Rachel Howland – University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Pharmacy (APhA Foundation/APhA Auxiliary Scholar)
- Nilofar Jafari – Virginia Commonwealth University School of Pharmacy (Boyle Family Scholar)
- Amy Kang – Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy (Robert D. Gibson Scholar)
- Jeffrey Van Liew – University of the Incarnate Word Feik School of Pharmacy (Paul Pumpian Scholar)
- Bernice Man – Chicago State University College of Pharmacy (Charles C. Thomas Scholar)
- Meena Murugappan – University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy – Duluth (Marvin and Joanell Dyrstad Scholar)
- Shiny Parsai – The University of Iowa College of Pharmacy (Juan and Esperanza Luna Scholar)
- Ernest Ruiz – University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy – Twin Cities (Sam Kalman Scholar)
- Kelsey Stephens – The University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy (Gloria Francke Scholar)
- Bradley St. Pierre –Ferris State University College of Pharmacy (John A. Gans Scholar)
- Sophia Yang – University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy (George F. Archambault Scholar)
The recipients will be recognized on March 30 at the APhA Foundation Contributors’ Breakfast during the 2015 APhA Annual Meeting and Exposition in San Diego. Scholarships will be officially presented at the APhA-ASP Opening General Session on March 28.
The scholarships recognize those students who choose to invest their time through active involvement in their school’s APhA-ASP chapter. Student scholarship recipients are selected by the members of the Student Scholarship Review Committee.