McKesson showcases new offerings at NCPA annual event
WASHINGTON — From step-by-step guides on how to improve outcomes as measured by CMS’ Five-Star Quality Rating System to town hall-style continuing education events advocating medication synchronization, McKesson and its Health Mart team are showcasing the opporutnities for community pharmacy in today's marketplace at the 117th Annual Convention and Trade Exposition of the National Community Pharmacists Association.
“Health Mart is dedicated to helping level the playing field for our stores, to give them the tools to perform their best clinically and reinforce their commitment to patient care. With access to innovative local marketing tools and patient-centric medication synchronization programs, we believe Health Mart pharmacies are well positioned for continued growth and success,” Health Mart president Steve Courtman said.
With more than 4,200 stores nationwide, Health Mart is showcasing a variety of resources and programs to help pharmacies deliver superior patient care and quality outcomes, bring more patients into their stores through local marketing solutions and expand their services for additional revenue, including:
- “How Your Pharmacy Can Drive Improved Performance”: Health Mart is offering this free guide to help community pharmacies understand their impact on CMS’s Five-Star Quality Ratings System. Providing an overview of the five key measures that pharmacies can impact, the guide outlines action steps for pharmacies to improve their performance;
- Med Sync Town Hall CE Events: With the greater focus on clinical performance and patient outcomes, Health Mart is kicking off its third series of Health Mart Town Hall meetings encouraging pharmacists to consider an appointment-based model with medication synchronization, which is proactive and patient-centric. Health Mart will host more than 100 complimentary Town Hall CE events across the country;
- Medicare Part D Enrollment Consultations: With open enrollment underway, Health Mart is offering its members consultative resources to help them educate patients on choosing the most cost-effective Medicare Part D plan that’s right for them. Health Mart members also obtain discounted pricing on the iMedicare plan comparison tool, an iPad app or online tool that can help compare patients’ monthly costs, coverage gaps, health benefits and enrollment options;
- Local Marketing Support and National Advertising: Health Mart recently launched a national radio and digital advertising campaign designed to help bring more patients into Health Mart stores. Targeting every market where there is a Health Mart pharmacy, the campaign is supported by turn-key marketing solutions that enable stores to leverage the Health Mart brand and to promote their personalized services in their own way. Health Mart national radio commercials are featured on popular shows and major events. The campaign focuses on issues most important to patients as they select a pharmacy — price, convenience and that their pharmacist knows their medications. Health Mart members can capitalize on the corporate-sponsored activities and attract more customers into their neighborhood pharmacies by adding their own local marketing efforts with customizable templates and marketing tools;
- New Vaccine Starter Kit Program: As reimbursement pressures continue to compress retail margins, vaccines offer a unique revenue opportunity for stores. Health Mart recently launched the Vaccine Starter Kit, a comprehensive program that helps Health Mart pharmacies establish a vaccine practice to diversify their business. The program includes one year of high-touch customer support from a dedicated vaccine representative through all the key steps of developing a vaccination program. A pilot version of the program was released in August to 25 current Health Mart customers. After positive customer feedback, the program will now become available to all Health Mart customers in November;
- Supporting Pharmacy Ownership: McKesson’s RxOwnership program is dedicated to providing independent pharmacy owners, prospective owners and pharmacy students with tools to help them map out their future. For the sixth year, McKesson is sponsoring the NCPA Pharmacy Ownership Workshop, October 8–10. Designed for pharmacists considering pharmacy ownership or desiring additional management skills, the Pharmacy Ownership Workshop will assist pharmacists in the development of tools that will guide them in pharmacy ownership and enhance their current management skills. More than 50% of past Workshop participants now own their own pharmacy. McKesson is also sponsoring the Future Pharmacists Network Reception on Saturday, Oct. 10, which gives NCPA student members the opportunity to connect with peers and experienced ownership advisors to learn about pharmacy ownership and help them with their future pharmacy goals; and
- Supporting Expansion into LTC and Infusion: McKesson understands the business of alternate site pharmacy — including long-term care, infusion and specialty — and offers support to community pharmacies looking to grow. McKesson Alternate Site PharmacySM offers a wide range of solutions, including exclusive products and additional savings, to help customers achieve increased profitability, improved efficiency and business growth. For the third year, McKesson is sponsoring the NCPA Long-Term Care Reception on Oct. 12 and encourages on-site attendees to attend and learn more about McKesson’s alternate site pharmacy solutions.
DSN’s Friday Pharmacy Phunny
BY DSN STAFF
As October wears on, so too does American Pharmacists Month! All month long, Drug Store News is running its Friday Pharmacy Phunny series. Check out our second installment above, and check back next week for another.
Loading Post Please Wait...