Mars unwraps new product innovations
BY Ryan Chavis
HACKETTSTOWN, N.J. — Mars Chocolate North America this week unveiled a number of new products, along with some new consumer promotions and merchandising displays at the National Confectioners Association Sweets and Snacks Expo in Chicago.
According to the company, the new items included:
- Combos Baked Snacks Sweet & Salty Chocolate Fudge Pretzel features creamy fudge filling surrounded by a salty, crunchy pretzel shell. (November 2015, $2.29 for 6.0 oz. medium bags);
- The cranberry and cherry variants of Real Fruit Dipped in Dove Dark Chocolate will be available in a new size: convenient, share-able, resealable 17-ounce stand-up pouches. (October 2015, $8.99-$10.99 for 17 oz. large stand-up pouch);
- Goodnessknows Snack Squares — available in Cranberry Almond Dark Chocolate, Apple Almond & Peanut Dark Chocolate, and Peach & Cherry Almond Dark Chocolate -– are made with delicious dark chocolate, slow-roasted whole almonds, toasted oats and real fruit. (July 2015, $1.39-$1.59 for 1.2 oz. singles, $4.99-$6.99 for a five-pack carton);
- M&M’S Brand To-Go Bottles are innovative, re-closable and reusable bottles boasting 3.5 ounces of M&M’S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies and M&M’S® Brand Peanut Chocolate Candies. (November 2015, $2.50-$3.50 for 3.5 oz. bottle);
- M&M’S Brand will re-launch the M&M’S Brand Box Pack format in March 2016 with major marketing that includes the blockbuster summer promotion “M&M’S Brand Movie Ticket Mania.” (March 2016, $1.00-$1.99 per box pack);
- Milky Way Brand Marshmallow with Caramel Bar delivers a magnificent combination of fluffy marshmallow nougat covered with a layer of smooth caramel, enrobed in creamy milk chocolate. (July 2015, $1.09-$1.39 for 1.72 oz. single);
- Milky Way Midnight Bar will be available in a 2 To Go size enclosed in a resealable twist-wrap. Every bite offers creamy caramel and vanilla-flavored nougat coated in dark chocolate. (December 2015, $1.69-$1.99 for 2.83 oz. 2 To Go);
- Snickers Brand Mixed Nuts Bar satisfies with a mix of peanuts, almonds and hazelnuts combined with SNICKERS Brand caramel and nougat, all coated with creamy milk chocolate. (November 2015, $1.09-$1.39 for 1.76 oz. single); and
- Starburst Brand Orange Sorbet Bars pack an exhilarating burst of orange flavor in a light and delicious bar that is a fruity and refreshing addition to the Frozen Novelty category. (February 2015, $2.99 for a four-count multipack.)
“Shoppers purchase snacks and confections for a variety of reasons, and we’re seeing an increase in requests for lower caloric snack options,” said Timothy LeBel, VP of sales for Mars Chocolate North America. “Our new goodnessknows Snack Squares will fulfill consumers’ appetite for a new snack that tastes indulgent at 150 calories per four-square serving.”
At the expo, the company also announced a number of “key moments” from its promotional calendar, which include NASCAR, Summer Road Trip, “Holiday on the Go” and the Super Bowl. Mars recently supported Red Nose Day, a campaign that aims to raise money for children living in poverty. At the NCA Expo, Mars handed out red noses and encouraged attendees to support the campaign.
Amazon Prime Now service delivers goods from local stores in Manhattan
SEATTLE — Amazon.com is offering one-hour delivery of products from select local stores in Manhattan through its Prime Now service. In Manhattan, customers can now purchase groceries, prepared meals and baked goods from D’Agostino, Gourmet Garage and Billy’s Bakery through the Prime Now app.
"We’ve always offered our customers the chance to shop like a chef and get the highest quality food items from our stores,” said Andy Arons, CEO of Gourmet Garage. “Now we’re bringing our outstanding products right to customers’ doors, available only through Prime Now for ultra-fast delivery. Using Prime Now to deliver to customers in one hour is a no-brainer. It enables us to utilize Amazon’s operations expertise and technology to reach our customers fast with a high level of quality and freshness at prices that customers would find in our stores.”
Local store delivery through Prime Now is launching in select neighborhoods in Manhattan and will expand across Manhattan in the coming weeks. Prime Now will continue to add new stores to its one-hour delivery service. In Manhattan, upscale Italian marketplace Eataly and Westside Market will be the next to launch.
To purchase from local stores, customers can use the Prime Now app. Through the service, two-hour delivery from local stores is free and one-hour delivery, available in select ZIP codes, is $7.99. Prime Now is currently available in Atlanta; Austin; Baltimore; Brooklyn; Dallas; Manhattan and Miami.
“We’ve always offered our customers the chance to shop like a chef and get the highest quality food items from our stores,” said Andy Arons, CEO of Gourmet Garage. “Now we’re bringing our outstanding products right to customers’ doors, available only through Prime Now for ultra-fast delivery. Using Prime Now to deliver to customers in one hour is a no-brainer. It enables us to utilize Amazon’s operations expertise and technology to reach our customers fast with a high level of quality and freshness at prices that customers would find in our stores.”
Pepsi debuts Pepsi Limon in select markets
BY Ryan Chavis
PURCHASE, N.Y. — Pepsi will expand its cola options with the debut of Pepsi Limon, which the company said was inspired by the preferences of Hispanic consumers. The beverage combines the flavor of Pepsi with lime juice.
"Pepsi knows the importance of authentic flavor and delivering on its promise for great tasting products," said Melissa Miranda, cultural and commercial strategy, Pepsi. "Pepsi's roots have long showcased the brand's connection and affinity with Hispanic consumers and Pepsi Limon was created with those consumer preferences in mind."
The company said it worked with Adelante, PepsiCo’s employee association that supports relationships with the Hispanic community. Pepsi Limon is now available in 20-oz and 2-liter bottles in select markets, which include California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and Chicago, IL.
Loading Post Please Wait...