John Frieda Frizz Ease movement encourages women to ‘never pull back’
NEW YORK — With its newly relaunched John Frieda Frizz Ease collection, Kao USA has created a brand movement encouraging women to “never pull back.”
By visiting the new online resource NeverPullBack.com, women can learn how embracing the Frizz Ease brand frizz-free lifestyle lets them confidently wear their hair down every day. To encourage women to let loose their best self on a daily basis, Frizz Ease Hair Care professionals created a digital video, "A Girl’s got to Be Free."
For more than 25 years, John Frieda Hair Care has provided frizz solutions for women, starting with the Hair Serum Original Formula and growing into an arsenal of more than 20 frizz-targeting formulas. Now, with the "Never Pull Back" movement, on top of providing frizz solutions, Frizz Ease products are helping all women internalize the full-confidence attitude that comes with knowing their hair always looks smooth, sleek and flawless.
Nestlé hops into springtime with new treats
GLENDALE, Calif. — Now that spring is officially here, Nestlé has unveiled a slew of festive confections in time for consumers to get a head start on Easter.
“Candy-themed treats are the most popular gift during the Easter season, as more than half of participating adults spend their Easter budget on candy,” said Tricia Bowles, spokeswoman of Nestlé USA Confections and Snacks. “With moms busily preparing decorations, snacks and baskets, we’re thrilled to offer new SweeTarts Gummies and Jelly Beans Pouches, and Wonka Hard2Find Egg Hunts for indoor and outdoor games, among a wide-range of treats in our collection.”
The spring highlights include:
- Hard2Find Egg Hunt Outdoor Kit: Each egg in the kit is shaped and colored to look like objects in nature, ranging from rocks and bark to concrete and glass. They’re pre-filled with Nerds, SweeTarts and Laffy Taffy. (MSRP $6.50, 3.4 oz.);
- Hard2Find Egg Hunt Indoor Kit: Each egg in the package includes a hanging string, suction cups, adhesive stickers and glow-in-the-dark eggs to add creative flair to hiding places (MSRP $6.50, 3.4 oz.);
- SweeTarts Gummies and Jelly Bean Pouches: SweeTarts signature flavors in gummie and jelly bean form. (MSRP $8.59, 50 count);
- Wonka Laffy Taffy Jelly Beans: The package includes Laffy Taffy’s signature flavors — banana, cherry, grape and apple — in bright colors and jelly bean form (MSRP $2.49, 14 oz.);
- Nestlé Butterfinger Bunny and Crunch Bunny: The product consists of solid milk chocolate with Butterfinger pieces or crisped rice Nestlé Crunch pieces scattered throughout (MSRP $3.49, 5.5 oz.);
- Nerds Bumpy Jelly Beans: A new spin on the classic jelly bean, the confection comes in an assortment of Nerds flavors. Consumers can expect a crispy shell with a chewy center. This confection was voted by "Good Morning America" as the "Best Sour Jelly Bean," the company noted (MSRP $2.49, 13 oz.);
- Butterfinger NestEggs and Crunch NestEggs: Chocolate eggs filled with Nestlé Crunch crisped rice pieces or pieces of Butterfinger. The eggs are individually wrapped in pastel pink, blue and orange metallic foils (MSRP $2.68, 10 oz.); and
- Wonka Egg Fillers: This product offers classic favorites — Spree, SweeTarts, Bottle Caps and Gobstoppers — in one bag (MSRP $3.99, 18 oz.).
Nestlé’s other Easter confections include SweeTarts Chicks, Ducks and Bunnies (MSRP $2.49, 12 oz.); SweeTarts Gummies (MSRP $2.49, 14 oz.); and Wonka Golden Egg Hunt (MSRP $5.29, 3.36 oz.)
Safeway to distribute interest in Blackhawk Network Holdings to Safeway shareholders
PLEASANTON, Calif. — Safeway on Monday announced that its board of directors declared a special stock dividend to its stockholders of all of the 37.8 million shares of Class B common stock of Blackhawk Network Holdings owned by Safeway, representing approximately 94.2% of the total outstanding shares of Blackhawk’s Class B common stock and approximately 72% of the total number of shares of Blackhawk common stock of all classes outstanding.
The date of distribution by Safeway of the special stock dividend is contemplated to be April 14, 2014. Blackhawk’s Class A common stock presently trades on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol "HAWK." Shares of Blackhawk Class B common stock are not currently traded on any stock exchange but, upon completion of the spin-off, are expected to trade on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol "HAWKB." Blackhawk’s Class B common stock has 10 votes per share, and Blackhawk’s Class A common stock has one vote per share.
The distribution by Safeway of the special stock dividend will be made on the distribution date to all Safeway stockholders of record on April 3, 2014. The distribution will take place in the form of a pro rata dividend of Blackhawk Class B common stock to each Safeway stockholder of record on the record date. As of March 21, 2014, Safeway had approximately 230.3 million shares of its common stock outstanding. Accordingly, it is anticipated that Safeway stockholders will receive approximately 0.164308 of a share of Blackhawk Class B common stock for every share of Safeway common stock held as of the record date, less any shares of Blackhawk Class B common stock withheld in respect of applicable withholding taxes. The final distribution ratio for the stock dividend will be calculated by dividing the number of shares of Blackhawk Class B common stock to be distributed by the number of shares of Safeway common stock outstanding on the record date.
No fractional shares of Blackhawk stock will be distributed. Instead, Safeway stockholders will receive cash in lieu of any fraction of a share of Blackhawk stock that they otherwise would have received.