Japonesque introduces snap-on makeup brush collection at CVS locations
SAN RAMON, Calif. — Japonesque, a maker of beauty supplies, has announced that its Artist Tools by Japonesque — an interchangeable, snap-on makeup brush collection inspired by Hollywood — is available exclusively at CVS locations nationwide.
Featuring a three-piece starter set and five different makeup brush heads, Artist Tools by Japonesque is designed to have everything a beauty maven needs. The collection includes:
- Starter set: Includes a dual-ended magnetic brush handle that connects to all Artist Tools brush heads; foundation brush head, ideal for blending foundation and concealer; angled eye liner brush head for controlled contouring and detailed eye lining. Suggested retail price is $12;
- Powder brush: ideal for applying powder, bronzer or shimmer to face and body. SRP $9;
- Shadow crease brush: expertly define and shape eyes. Sweep the brush back and forth starting at the middle of the crease and working your way to the outer corner of the eye. This will blend darker shadow for definition and contour. SRP $4;
- All over eyeshadow brush: ideal for adding color from lid to brow. After applying darker color to the crease, use the all over shadow brush to swirl and blend color. SRP $4;
- Brow/lash comb: create full, shapely brows and defined lashes. Brush brow upward and outward to shape and define. SRP $4; and
- Bent liner brush: achieve a dramatic or natural effect. Easily lines eyes with precision and control. Tapered to a point for the most exact line. Apply more pressure to increase the thickness of the line to get a look that is bold and dramatic. SRP $4.
P&G: Former P&G chairman, CEO John Smale dies at 84
CINCINNATI — Procter & Gamble’s former chairman and CEO John Smale — who was instrumental in creating a new vision for P&G to be a truly global company focused on providing an even broader range of innovative products to the world’s consumers — died on Nov. 19. He was 84.
Current chairman and CEO Bob McDonald reflected on the influence Smale had on himself and others, "I will remember John most for his character and how he represented the soul of the company: Purpose-inspired, caring yet demanding, principled, and humble."
Smale joined P&G in 1952, working in the company’s dentifrice business, first with the Gleem brand and later with the Crest brand, where he played a key role in convincing the American Dental Association to recognize Crest as effective against tooth decay, P&G stated.
In 1981, he became the seventh CEO in the history of the company. Under his leadership, P&G set its sights on becoming a global company with an even broader range of products. The company entered 15 new categories of business, expanded operations into 23 new countries, and doubled sales and earnings to more than $24 billion and $1.6 billion, respectively. P&G stated that, during this time, it reshaped its approach to all aspects of the business, creating category management of similar products, restructuring its entire supply chain for greater efficiency, and creating the first retailer-based sales teams.
In 1990, Smale stepped down from the position of chairman CEO.
"The one thing that distinguishes John’s career as the leader of our company has been his remarkable record as an agent for change," stated Ed Artzt, the CEO who succeeded Smale.
Smale is preceded in death by his wife, Phyllis. John and Phyllis are survived by their four children, John Gray, Jr., Catherine Anne, Lisa Beth, and Peter McKee.
Schick Quattro for Women TrimStyle to come in hot pink for spring
NEW YORK — Schick Quattro for Women TrimStyle, made by Energizer Personal Care, is adding a new splash of color to the shower this spring with a hot pink handle.
Schick Quattro for Women continues to provide the latest in shaving technology, offering convenient bikini trimming and shaving in one shower-safe product. This TrimStyle razor features the acai and jojoba complex to moisturize, diminish irritation and create a smooth shave.
It includes a shaving cartridge with four ultra-thin blades on one end and a waterproof, battery-powered trimmer on the other.