IRI MarketPulse survey: 2014 holiday sales expected to rise to $616.9 billion, up 3.1% year-over-year
- 62% will prepare the best meal possible, but will work to keep cost down;
- 18% will put on the best meal possible and view holidays as a time to splurge; and
- 65% will buy as many or more gourmet/premium products this year versus last year.
- 30% will use more coupons from manufacturer websites;
- 28% will rely more on coupons from retailer websites;
- 27% will embrace coupons received via email;
- 26% will tap into coupons offered on group couponing sites; and
- 22% will leverage more coupons on social networking sites.
No comments found
Delhaize America names CIO
SALISBURY, N.C. — Delhaize America, whose retail banners include Bottom Dollar Food, Food Lion and Hannaford Supermarkets, has hired Michael Laurenti as CIO.
He succeeds Deb Dixson who announced her retirement from Delhaize America earlier this year. Dixson joined the organization in 2010 and led significant transformation of the information technology and information security functions during her tenure.
As CIO, Laurenti will have responsibility for all information technology and information security operations, which support the company's millions of customers, 100,000 associates and 1,300 stores.
Laurenti has more than 20 years of retail leadership in information technology. Laurenti previously served as CIO for Belk Department Stores. Prior to Belk, he worked at Family Dollar Stores, Linens 'N Things and Toys "R" Us.
"Mike brings a wealth of information technology leadership to Delhaize America," stated Kevin Holt, Delhaize America CEO. "I am confident that as our new CIO he will continue to deliver a world-class Information Technology infrastructure and innovation for our company. We look forward to Laurenti joining Delhaize America and tapping into his extensive experience to propel our U.S. operations forward, enhance service in our retail stores and leverage technology to better serve our customers."
No comments found
DSNTV: HDS’ Rochol talks validation solutions
Are you potentially facing billions of dollars in prescription-related fines? With the rise in activity at the federal and regulatory level, the need for pharmacy retailers to implement a reliable prescriber validation solution is growing increasingly critical. However, retailers can save time and perhaps avoid potentially hefty fines by having the right prescription validation solution in place.
HDS is a great company that gets the job done no matter what it takes. Great video Miranda!!