Innovus launches low-cost nasal spray allergy relief in FlutiCare
Earlier this month Innovus Pharmaceuticals launched FlutiCare OTC in the U.S., making it the third branded fluticasone propionate nasal spray on the market. Innovus, based in San Diego, secured distribution through more than 10,000 independent pharmacies through AmerisourceBergen and McKesson and Walmart online.
As a second phase of its launch, Innovus Pharma will launch FlutiCare to large retail stores.
FlutiCare will be available OTC with the same prescription strength and same delivery method as Flonase and ClariSpray. The company currently believes that FlutiCare will be the most affordable fluticasone propionate nasal spray on the market and is now available in one dose, a 30 Day (120 Sprays) treatment. Innovus is also offering a monthly autoship plan.
“We are very excited to launch FlutiCare OTC and provide all patients with allergy relief,” stated Bassam Damaj, president and CEO Innovus Pharma. “FlutiCare traces its roots as the most prescribed Rx 24-hour nasal allergy spray API and form in the U.S. over the past 7 years by a factor of over 10 to 1.”
FlutiCare becomes the company’s second available allergy relief product along with AllerVarx, a patented dietary supplement formulated to provide relief during the allergy season, already on the market.
In addition, the company, pending FDA’s guidance, plans to move forward with a fluticasone kit for nasal allergy containing FlutiCare and its upcoming saline nasal spray NasaVa.
Gillette unveils line of disposable and refillable razors for men, women
Gillette is aiming to meet the grooming needs of both men and women by offering new, innovative bundles of products that hit a wide range of price points. The Procter & Gamble owned brand will feature the Gillette and Venus lines within this launch, which are to include disposable and refillable products available in January 2018.
These new bundles will include the Boston-based company’s first ever cooling technology for disposable razors, refillable razors for under $10, and facial hair removal device for women.
“For over a century, our goal has been to deliver the best, most reliable grooming experience possible for consumers,” Charlie Pierce, Group President, Global Grooming, P&G said. “With this launch, we are demonstrating that this commitment is true for every single product tier in our portfolio – and we are making Gillette’s technology even more accessible to men and women everywhere. We want consumers to know that whatever their need, we have a product that will deliver a superior experience and unbeatable value.”
New offerings of disposable and refillable razor technologies for men will include:
- Gillette Sensor3 Cool, disposable razors with Cooling Technology: Designed for the 10 million men who prefer the disposable razor form and are looking for a cooling and refreshing benefit will be available for the suggested retail price of $4.99 – $6.99;
- Gillette3 and Gillette5 razors: Targeted towards the male consumer searching for high-quality refillable razors, at a low price. These products deliver an ultra-close and comfortable shave, and are featured with a new Aqua Grip handle, providing a strong grip and total control even when wet. The Gillette5 also will feature Atomic Carbon and Telomer coatings that enhance blade durability after shaving. These three-and-five bladed razors can be purchased for the suggested retail price of $7.99 – $9.99; and
- Improved Gillette Fusion5 and Gillette MACH3 cartridges: Both products have been upgraded with Low Cutting Force blades, which are finer and thinner with a low-resistance coating. This enables the blades to cut easily through hair. The MCH3 can be purchased for the suggested retail price of $9.99 and the Fusion 4-pack of cartridges will be available for the suggested retail price of $14.99.
For women, Venus will be introducing several new refillable products to aid hair removal needs, which will include:
- Venus Face Perfection: This product is ideal for areas such as the upper lip, eyebrow, chin, and forehead. The device delivers longer lasting facial hair removal at home, according to the brand, catches hair up to four times shorter than waxing, and can be purchased for the suggested retail price of $34.99;
- Venus Bikini Precision: Looks to provide a convenient solution by enabling the consumer to confidently trim and shape the area. The product comes in a slim, pen-like design that’s easy for storage and can be purchased for the suggested retail price of $19.99; and
- Venus Platinum: A refillable razor with the brand’s first metal razor for women, and is part of the Venus Extra Smooth family. The razor contains a well-balanced metal handle, is to deliver a smooth, comfortable shave and can be purchased for the suggested retail price of $8.99 for the razor and cartridge.
Restance to promote Playboy condoms in Kenya as part of World AIDS Day
Sparks, Nev.-based Restance on Tuesday announced a contract to manufacture condoms with the Playboy brand name and bunny head logo for distribution in Kenya. The brand initiative is being made in support of World AIDS Day on Dec. 1.
Restance is participating in a campaign to contribute to the United Nations goal of ending the AIDS epidemic by making condoms available everywhere in Africa through the #DoIt4Africa buy-one-give-one campaign where an anticipated $20 million in condoms will be sold in North American and for every condom sold, a condom will be manufactured in Africa and given away in Africa.
Restance has executed an initial $500,000 contract to produce condoms for the campaign.