Iatrical to roll out Sippy Sure
NEW YORK Iatrical Innovations soon will launch a product designed to make giving medicine to toddlers easier.
Iatrical announced Monday the upcoming launch of Sippy Sure, a medication-dispensing sippy cup, originally invented by a doctor and father of two small children.
The cup keeps the medicine and drink separate, but mixes them as the child drinks, thus concealing the medicine.
Sippy Sure cups retail for $8.99.
GNC develops Longevity Factors supplements line
PITTSBURGH — GNC on Thursday announced the launch of its GNC Longevity Factors, GNC’s first and only complete line of nutritional supplements marketed for aging well. The line features supplements that support health and bioavailability enhancement technology to improve the absorption of a key antioxidant important for healthy cell aging.
"We created the GNC Longevity Factors line specifically to empower adults — including baby boomers — to proactively take control of their health as they age and, ultimately, help them feel as young as they envision themselves," stated Beth Kaplan, president and chief merchandising and marketing officer of GNC. "This is a unique line of seven nutritional supplements that support very specific aspects of aging. These breakthrough formulas are based on the most recent advances in the science of healthy aging."
The line features high-potency formulas with polyphenols, such as resveratrol, that work to protect cells from damage, along with clinically researched ingredients to support heart, eye and brain health; memory; strength; and agility. In developing GNC Longevity Factors, GNC collaborated with Joseph Maroon, a neurosurgeon, nutrition expert and author.
Maroon garnered national attention this year when he finished his third Ironman Triathlon World Championship in Kona, Hawaii, at the ripe young age of 70 years, and beat his prior time by more than 20 minutes. "The GNC Longevity Factors line enables individuals to take the proactive steps necessary to affect positive change in their bodies," Maroon said. "Specifically, many of the products can positively activate genes, located in every cell of our body, to support overall health. The line is a wonderful tool in helping us age well and live healthier lives."
The GNC Longevity Factors line includes:
- Healthy Aging Program: A complete daily pack with six elements that support healthy aging, including a premium multivitamin, triple-strength fish oil, memory formula and 500-mg resveratrol for cell-aging defense;
- Heart Health: Maintains healthy cholesterol, blood pressure and circulation, and supports overall heart health. The product includes phytosterols, which have been shown to help block cholesterol absorption;
- Cellular Antioxidant Defense: Fights premature cell aging with a high-potency blend of antioxidants, including 500 mg of resveratrol, polyphenols and vitamin D-3 to protect cells and DNA against free radicals and defy cell aging;
- Energy Enhancer: This caffeine-free, clinically studied energy formula contains antioxidants and an amino acid complex that supports natural energy levels. The product features polyphenols, which can help combat the free radicals associated with cell-aging;
- Eye Health: Features a blend of carotenoids, including lutein, zeaxanthin and beta-carotene, to support healthy vision;
- Strength & Agility: A formula with more protein and fiber to maintain muscle tone; and
- Memory Formula: Keeps memory healthy with turmeric acid and high-potency huperzine.
FDA issues warning over use of dietary supplements containing sildenafil
SILVER SPRING, Md. — The Food and Drug Administration on Friday reported that Vigor-25, a product inappropriately marketed as a natural dietary supplement to enhance male sexual performance, should not be purchased or used because it contains sildenafil, the active ingredient in the prescription drug Viagra.
“This product is dangerous to consumers because it claims to contain only natural ingredients when it actually contains a prescription drug ingredient,” stated Deborah Autor, director of the Office of Compliance in the FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. “Tainted products place consumers at risk of injury and death, especially those consumers with underlying health conditions.”
Vigor-25, distributed by Piston, is sold on Internet sites and possibly in some retail outlets, the FDA reported.
Sildenafil may interact with prescription drugs known as nitrates, including nitroglycerin, and can dangerously lower blood pressure. The FDA is investigating the reported death of a 26-year-old man, possibly associated with the use of Vigor-25.
The FDA has found many products marketed as dietary supplements for sexual enhancement during the past several years that can be harmful because they contain active ingredients in FDA-approved drugs or variations of these ingredients. Sexual-enhancement products promising rapid effects (e.g., claim to work in minutes to hours) or long-lasting effects (e.g., claim to last 24 to 72 hours) likely contain a contaminant, the FDA stated.