Hershey gears up for Halloween with new assortments, special-edition candies
HERSHEY, Pa. Hershey has brewed up new ‘spook-tacular’ Halloween treats to excite trick-or-treaters and sweeten seasonal parties and candy dishes.
Adding a twist on an iconic chocolate treat, Hershey has transformed its Kisses brand by making them available in trick-or-treat packages each containing three individually wrapped Hershey’s Kisses chocolates. Additionally, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups introduces bags of snack-size Reese’s Peanut Butter Pumpkins.
To make Halloween shopping eerily easy this season, Hershey offers a wide array of new candy assortments at retail, including:
- NEW – Hershey’s chocolate assortment with 28 snack-size packages (Hershey’s Kisses, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Milk Duds and Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme bars)
- NEW – Hershey’s Seasonal Shapes assortment with 50 snack-size packages (Hershey’s Tombstone-shaped Moulded Bars in milk chocolate and Cookies ‘n’ Creme flavors, and Reese’s Peanut Butter Pumpkins)
- NEW – Hershey’s candy assortment with 100 snack-size packages (Reese’s Pieces, Hershey’s chocolate lollipops, Milk Duds, Jolly Rancher Doubles, Whoppers malted milk balls and Twizzlers Rainbow Twists)
- NEW – Hershey’s candy Assortment with 125 snack-size packages (Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Whoppers malted milk balls, Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme Bars, Almond Joy and Heath milk chocolate English toffee bars)
- NEW – Frightfully Fun snack-size assortment (Twizzlers Rainbow Twists, Twizzlers Pull-N-Peel Green Apple, Jolly Rancher lollipops, Jolly Rancher Doubles and Good & Fruity)
- NEW – Good & Plenty, Good & Fruity snack-size assortment
- NEW – Hershey’s Monster Mix snack-size assortment (Hershey’s Chocolate lollipops, Jolly Rancher Doubles, Whoppers malted milk balls, Milk Duds, Twizzlers Strawberry Mini-Bars and Jolly Rancher Cherry Hard Candy Stix)
- NEW – Nuts & More Nuts assortment with 28 snack-size packages (Hershey’s Mr. Goodbar, Almond Joy Candy Bars, Hershey’s milk chocolate with almonds and PayDay Peanut Caramel Bars)
- All Time Greats assortment with 100 snack-size packages (Kit Kat, Whoppers malted milk balls, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and Hershey’s milk chocolate bars)
Hershey also helps celebrate the season with treats adorned in festive foils to spruce-up home and office candy dishes. Debuting are Halloween Hershey’s Kisses miilk chocolates and Halloween Reese’s miniatures milk and dark chocolate assortment, each individually wrapped in orange and black foils. Also new is Halloween Hershey’s Miniatures in purple, lime green, orange and black wrappers, adding a frightfully fun touch to seasonal decor.
Hershey’s seasonal offerings can be found at retailers nationwide. For more information on Hershey Halloween products, as well as costume ideas, spooky screensavers, desktop wallpapers, delicious recipes, craft activities and party invitations, visit www.TrickorTreats.com.
Evian to sponsor wine and food festival
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. Continuing the momentum of its successful “Live young” campaign, Evian is sponsoring of the 2009 Food Network New York City Wine & Food Festival.
From Oct. 8 to Oct. 11, Evian will feature its new glass range of products, including Evian Natural Spring Water and Badoit Sparkling Natural Mineral Water, at several prominent festival events.
Evian will infuse its “Live young” energy into select festival events through playful branded collateral and high-end displays of the new glass range of products. Specifically at SWEET, Grand Tasting and Chelsea Market After Dark, the brand will offer attendees complimentary Evian product samples, and a refreshing mist from Evian Brumisateur facial sprays, while supplies last.
Lance Armstrong tapped as new Michelob Ultra spokesman
ST. LOUIS Michelob Ultra announced that seven-time Tour de France winner and cycling icon Lance Armstrong has signed a three-year agreement to become the brand’s new spokesman and ambassador.
“Lance Armstrong is an ideal ambassador for this brand and we are honored to have him represent Michelob ULTRA,” said Keith Levy, VP marketing at Anheuser-Busch. “Having dominated a sport that requires such a physical commitment, Lance is the perfect athlete to connect with adult beer drinkers who lead active lifestyles.”
As part of the agreement, Armstrong will appear in a new Michelob Ultra television commercial titled “Little Bumps,” and he will make a cameo appearance in a second ad titled “Escalator,” both which are scheduled to air in 2010. Michelob Ultra will also use Armstrong’s likeness on print, outdoor advertising, digital marketing programs, product packaging and point-of-sale.
Michelob Ultra has been a strong supporter of the sport of cycling since 2004. As part of its Race to the Ultra series, the brand sponsors more than 40 major running and cycling events annually across the country.
Since its launch in 2002, Michelob Ultra has continued to grow in popularity and is enjoyed by adult consumers living an active lifestyle and those looking for a great-tasting beer with lower carbohydrates and fewer calories. Michelob Ultra has only 95 calories and 2.6g carbohydrates, 0.6g protein and 0.0g fat, per 12-ounce bottle.