Harvard Pilgrim Health Care rewards healthier eating with EatRight Rewards program
WELLESLEY, Mass. — Health insurer Harvard Pilgrim Health Care is offering the EatRight Rewards program to its employees and members. EatRight Rewards provides financial rewards to employees who buy healthy foods at the grocery store.
Through the company-funded initiative, Harvard Pilgrim employees can earn up to $20 every month as an incentive to improve their grocery shopping and eating habits. Harvard Pilgrim employer groups will be able to design their own rewards programs.
The program is based on a nutritional scoring method that assigns healthiness values to more than 100,000 foods, taking more than 30 different nutrient factors into account. Each food item that an employee or family member places in his or her shopping cart is scored, and an average for each shopping trip is calculated.
EatRight Rewards was rolled out as a pilot to Harvard Pilgrim’s workforce last fall; it offered savings on healthy foods through eCoupons, as well as education for healthy shopping and recipes. The financial rewards were added this spring. To be eligible for the $20 reward, employees must register their store loyalty cards, make at least one shopping trip a month and have an average monthly shopping basket score of 60 or above. Employees can choose to have their reward deposited into their checking or PayPal accounts.
Currently, more than one-third of Harvard Pilgrim employees are participating. They have recorded more than 4,000 shopping trips. More than 65% of the shopping trips have registered average shopping basket nutritional scores of 60 or higher on a scale of one to 100, with 100 as the best. The average shopping basket score nationally has been calculated at between 30 and 45.
A number of supermarkets are actively participating in this program, including Shaw’s, Star Market, Roche Brothers, Hannaford, Wegmans and others. Discussions are ongoing with additional local and regional supermarket chains, Havard Pilgrim stated.
Harvard Pilgrim will offer the EatRight Rewards to its employer groups later this year. Employers will be able to design their own employee rewards.
EatRight Rewards is powered by NutriSavings, a Newton, Mass.-based company that developed the first online ecosystem where produce growers, supermarkets and food and beverage companies join forces with employers to get employees healthy.
Harvard Pilgrim employees can earn additional savings by accessing eCoupons offered by food and beverage companies and the growers of fresh produce on the EatRight Rewards site.
Maybelline NY broadens portfolio with new launches
NEW YORK — Maybelline New York has introduced several new products for eyes, lips, face and nail.
The new products include:
- The Nudes Palette: The 12 long-wearing shades range from sweet vanilla to creamy caramel. A mixture of matte and shimmery finishes will take your from day to night and everywhere in between. The price is $11.99.
- Dream Wonder Fluid Touch Foundation: This silky, lightweight liquid foundation melts into skin for maximum coverage without the caked-on feel. The teardrop applicator allows for a clean application. The price is $10.99.
- Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24HR Leathers Cream-Gel Shadow: This soft, supple shadow stays in place all day and won’t smudge or smear. Available in five shades: Chocolate Suede, Creamy Beige, Deep Forest, Dramatic Black and Vintage Plum. The price is $6.99.
- Master Kajal Eyeliner: Whether creating a smoldering eye or classic cat eye, the precise cone-shaped tip can do it all. The creamy formula glides on smooth with no gaps or skipping making eyes appear luminescent against the bold, pigmented color. It is available in four shades: Charcoal Skies,Midnight Brown, Navy Night and Onyx Rush. The price is $7.99.
- Baby Lips Crystals: These sweet, shimmery lip balms provide clinical care to moisturize lips, not just while you are wearing it, but over time as well for visibly renewed lips. According to the beauty brand, you will see results in one week. It is available in six shades: Twinkling Taupe, Mirrored Mauve, Pink Quartz, Gleaming Coral, Crystal Kiss and Beam of Blush. The price is $4.49.
- Color Show Nail Lacquer Jewels and Veils: The Show Jewels formula contains over-sized particles that encrust nails in a layer of gems. The lacquers instantly create a unique and ornate look to glitz up nails. Color Show Veils provides a different dimension of texture, where refined glitters rule and create a luminous nail effect. The flow brush on both polishes is designed to ensure smooth and even delivery every time. Color Show Jewels are available in five shades: Gilded In Gold, Mosaic Prism, Precious Pearl, Platinum Adorn and Gleaming Graphite. Color Show Veils are available in five shades: Rose Mirage, Amethyst Aura, Crystal Disguise, Teal Beam and Blue Glaze. They are priced at $3.99.
Combos throws a party for summer
HACKETTSTOWN, N.J. — Mars Chocolate announced the introduction of a new Combos party bag to help usher in the summer. The 15-oz. bag is ideal for a range of activities — from family gatherings to road trips — according to the company. The party bags will be available in Cheddar Cheese Pretzel, Pizzeria Pretzel and Cheddar Cheese Cracker.
"Good things are meant to be shared," said Roy Benin, chief consumer officer, Mars Chocolate North America. "The new Combos Party Bag gives our fans the chance to share their favorite Combos flavors with friends and family."
The party bags are available at mass retailers and grocery stores nationwide.