Hard Candy revitalizes brand with new innovations
NEW YORK Cosmetics brand Hard Candy will roll out new product categories, shades and technology exclusively at Walmart and Walmart.com in mid-October.
New categories include:
- Glamoflauge: Heavy-duty, highly pigmented, multi-use concealer for ultimate coverage. You can hide everything from dark circles and blemishes to tattoos. It is available in three shades that match most skin tones. The product is priced at $6;
- Hide & Glow Cheek: Cheek tint that brightens cheeks for a just-pinched natural flush. The lightweight formula blends evenly into skin and promises to last for hours. It comes in two coordinated shades that can be worn alone or blended together. The price is $6;
- Glow All The Way: A pearly, luminizing highlighter that can be applied to the face or body for a luminous, sun-kissed bronze or pearlescent glow. Infused with 24-karat gold and available in bronze and pink. The price is $8;
- Big Curls Don’t Cry: Hard Candy’s waterproof mascara, available in black. The price is $6;
- Inked Up: Medical-grade ink helps make these temporary tattoos look as close to the real thing as possible. Available in Birds & Branches or Hearts & Crowns, each kit comes with three sheets of chain art and three sheets of icons. The price is $5;
- Show Girl’s secret glitter glue: Put a few drops of glitter glue in the cap, dip brush in and dip into Show Girl loose glitter for a long-lasting sparkle on face and body. Can be applied to eyelids or any other skin surface. The price is $5;
- Eye Def: This formula coats the lid with super-fine glitter and a base shadow color. Coverage and sparkle in one application that promises not to budge. Ultra-pigmented shades are infused with flecks, and there’s an oversized, angled, doe foot applicator. There are eight shades to choose from. The price is $6;
- Mini Must Haves: Naturally Naughty (a natural palette) and Bad Girl Next Door (a smokey palette) are new Hard Candy kits that contain mini versions of Lash Tinsel, Take Me Out liner, eye shadow primer, Ginormous mascara and two Kal-eye-descope shades; First Flush (a just-blushed palette) contains mini versions of Sheer Envy face primer, Blush Crush, plumping serum and Glow All The Way. Glamazon Glow (a sun-kissed palette) contains mini versions of Sheer Envy face primer, So Baked bronzer, Plexi Gloss and Glow All The Way. The First Flush and Glamazon Glow kits are new to the Hard Candy collection. Each kit retails for $8; and
- Limited Edition Just Nails: Four new shades and a matte top coat that will transform any color from shiny and glossy to a matte finish in seconds. Look for its first re-introduction of heritage shades as it welcomes back SKY, the polish that kicked off the brand. The polish is priced at $5.
Shade revisions include:
- Lash Tinsel: A teal color, UFO has been added to the glittering mascara collection. The price is $6;
- Plumping serum: This collection is one of Hard Candy’s hottest, and now it has added colors with incandescent pearls and optical brighteners that are designed to brighten teeth. There are new shades in pinks, fuchsias and nudes. The price is $6;
- Visibly Wet: These glossy lip pencils are available in five new shades with mega pearls and intense glitters. The price is $6;
- Take Me Out glitter liners: Rounding out the collection of sparkling glitters are five new shades, including silver, teal, purple, gold and blue. The price is $5; and
- Glitteratzi eye glitter gel: Hard Candy adds Frosting, a fuchsia shade, to the collection. The price is $5.
Former P&G executive joins Orabrush as CEO
PROVO, Utah Orabrush, the tongue cleaner that is designed to help cure bad breath, has named former Procter & Gamble executive Jeff Davis as its new CEO.
The company also announced an infusion of capital by 2x Consumer Products Growth Partners, which has invested in such companies as gDiapers eco-friendly diapers, Tasty Bite Indian foods, Eagle snacks and Wellness & Old Mother Hubbard all-natural foods for pets.
Davis joins Orabrush after retiring from P&G with 23 years of service. Most recently, he led global operations of the worldwide Wella business as VP and general manager of P&G Salon Professional. During his tenure at P&G, Davis worked in six different product sectors — including consumer packaged goods, pharmaceutical and beauty — in five different countries.
Robert Wagstaff created Orabrush in 2000. The patented, FDA-approved tongue cleaner is designed to help cure bad breath using a combination of soft, pointed bristles that reach deep in the tongue and a unique scraper to remove bacteria.
Former J&J executive joins Markwins
CITY OF INDUSTRY, Calif. Markwins International has hired former Johnson & Johnson executive Michael Cole to serve as its Walmart team leader.
In this role, Cole will be responsible for both divisions at Walmart; Markwins Beauty Product, featuring the Wet ‘n Wild and Black Radiance brands; and Markwins International, featuring The Color Workshop, ACT and Barbie.
Cole will report to Shawn Haynes, SVP sales and marketing for Markwins Beauty Products, and Eric Weeks, VP sales for Markwins International.
Markwins’ current sales managers, Emily Adams and Anthony Hicks, will report to Cole and the team will be assembled in their new offices in Bentonville, Ark.
Cole joins Markwins from J&J. As the director of strategic planning, Cole led the teams responsible for product innovation, new item development and consumer insights for food, drug and mass retail customers. Prior to J&J, Cole was a senior buyer at Walmart Stores for several categories, including over the counter, household cleaning and sporting goods. He also was instrumental in launching Walmart International and Walmart.com.