Hard Candy beauty promotions to hit Walmart this fall
NEW YORK Hard Candy, which is sold exclusively at Walmart, will be offering its Kal-eye-descope and Meteor-eyes baked shadows — which are highly pigmented wet/dry shadows that instantly make eyes pop –with a mini eye shadow primer at no additional cost between September and November.
Hard Candy eye shadow primer, although not sold as an individual product, has achieved cult status among Hard Candy aficionados. Previously, this product only was available attached to the In The Shadows collection. The Kal-eye-descope and Meteor-eyes baked shadows and the newly attached mini eye shadow primer will be priced at $6.
For the same two-month period this fall, every Sheer Envy Face Primer will be sold with a mini plumping serum in light pink Girl Next Door. In addition, Mouthing Off, a favorite gloss across the board, will be paired with a glittering black Walk the Line liner in Asphalt and Hot Smudge.
HBA Global Expo announces International Package Design Award finalists
NEW YORK HBA Global Expo has announced the finalists of its Annual International Package Design Awards, with the winners to be announced during its upcoming HBA Global Expo and Conference in New York.
The HBA Global Expo & Conference will take place Sept. 28 to Sept. 30, at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York. The category winners and grand award will be announced on Sept. 28 in the HBA IPDA Showcase (Booth 1006) on the HBA exhibit floor at the Javits Center.
The HBA IPDA received close to 200 entries from major brands, niche players and independent companies. Finalists were chosen by The Committee of 100, made up of packaging professionals, designers, suppliers and members of the media.
Mass-market finalists include:
- CoverGirl Smoky ShadowBlast by P&G, submitted by NiCE Ltd;
- Instant Age Rewind by Maybelline, submitted by Topline Products;
- L’Oreal Paris True Match Roller perfecting roll on makeup by L’Oreal Paris, submitted by L’Oreal Paris; and
- Multi-use brush by Artistry, submitted by Anisa International.
- Dieux by L’Bel, submitted by Belcorp;
- Hanae Mori Butterfly solid perfume ring by International Cosmetics & Perfumes, submitted by Maesa;
- Slatkin & Co. Scentbug home fragrance oil fan by Bath & Body Works, submitted by Alison Mazzola Communications; and
- So Elixir Eau de Parfum by Yves Rocher North America, submitted by Yves Rocher North America.
PERSONAL CARE MASS
- Degree for Men – Adrenaline series by Unilever, Submitted by Zunda Group;
- Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch creme lotion, spray sunscreen and after sun creme lotion by Energizer, submitted by Aptar Beauty + Home;
- L’Oreal Kids Toy Story 3 extra gentle 2-in-1 shampoos by L’Oreal Paris, submitted by L’Oreal Paris; and
- Signature Collection Men by Bath & Body Works, submitted by Beauty Avenues.
SKIN CARE MASS
- Clean & Clear Surge by Johnson & Johnson, submitted by Johnson & Johnson;
- L’Oreal Paris Collagen Micro-Pulse Eye by L’Oreal Paris, submitted by L’Oreal Paris;
- L’Oreal Paris Go 360o Clean by L’Oreal Paris, submitted by Berry Plastics Corp.; and
- Skin Renew brusher and gel cleanser by Garnier, submitted by Topline Products.
- Lamik Beauty Collection by Lamik Beauty, submitted by Alliance;
- Light Elements shaping wax and texturizing creme by Aveda, submitted by The Estee Lauder Cos.;
- Pure Shea Butter by Shea Radiance, submitted by Chicago Paper Tube & Can; and
- Spongelle Duets Small Necessities by Spongeables, submitted by Spongeables.
Tom’s of Maine to air free online chat series in conjunction with new toothpaste, mouthwash line
KENNEBUNK, Maine To celebrate the launch of its new Wicked Fresh! toothpaste and mouthwash line, Tom’s of Maine has developed a free online chat series open to the public dubbed “Wicked Fresh! Wednesdays.”
As reported in June by Drug Store News, the new Wicked Fresh! toothpaste is the first to feature the company’s patent-pending, flavorless botanical licorice root extract combined with natural mint flavor oils to help banish bad breath. The Wicked Fresh! mouthwash is powered by naturally sourced mineral zinc oxide and is nonalcoholic. The toothpaste has a suggested retail price of $4.29 and the mouthwash is $4.99. The chat series is part of the product launch, which also includes a partnership with the Tony Award-winning Broadway musical “Wicked.”
The chat series, hosted on the Tom’s of Maine Facebook page, will air Wednesdays during the month of September and kicks off with actor Peter Facinelli of the “Twilight” series; followed by Mandy Gonzalez, star of “Wicked” on Broadway; green-living expert Sophie Uliano; and fashion designers Stewart+Brown. The Wicked Fresh! chat series is a live Q&A for fans.
- Wednesday, Sept. 1: Peter Facinelli – The actor, known for his roles as Dr. Carlisle Cullen in the “Twilight” series and Dr. Cooper on “Nurse Jackie,” will give fans a peek into his life both on and off set and why he is passionate about Save the Whales, among other charities to which he lends his time and financial support.
- Wednesday, Sept. 8: Mandy Gonzalez – Gonzalez portrays Elphaba in the Broadway blockbuster “Wicked,” which has helped launch the Broadway Green Alliance, an industry-wide initiative to reduce the Broadway community’s carbon footprint.
- Wednesday, Sept. 15: Sophie Uliano – The green guru and New York Times’ best-selling author of the “Gorgeously Green” series of books and GorgeouslyGreen.com will talk about her new book “Do It Gorgeously” and her commitment to Canswerlink, and will share advice for creating an earth-friendly life.
- Wednesday, Sept. 22: Stewart+Brown – Fashion designers and entrepreneurs Karen Stewart and Howard Brown, pioneers in the sustainable fashion movement, will share fall fashion tips, how they source fabrics and their perspectives on eco-fashion.
Each Wednesday’s chat will run live for one hour from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time, with the exception of Gonzalez’ chat, which will air from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. EDT. The chats are open to the general public and questions will be accepted prior to and during the chat session. To participate or submit a question, visit Facebook.com/TomsofMaine.