Hard Candy beauty promotions to hit Walmart this fall
NEW YORK Hard Candy, which is sold exclusively at Walmart, will be offering its Kal-eye-descope and Meteor-eyes baked shadows — which are highly pigmented wet/dry shadows that instantly make eyes pop –with a mini eye shadow primer at no additional cost between September and November.
Hard Candy eye shadow primer, although not sold as an individual product, has achieved cult status among Hard Candy aficionados. Previously, this product only was available attached to the In The Shadows collection. The Kal-eye-descope and Meteor-eyes baked shadows and the newly attached mini eye shadow primer will be priced at $6.
For the same two-month period this fall, every Sheer Envy Face Primer will be sold with a mini plumping serum in light pink Girl Next Door. In addition, Mouthing Off, a favorite gloss across the board, will be paired with a glittering black Walk the Line liner in Asphalt and Hot Smudge.
HBA Global Expo announces International Package Design Award finalists
NEW YORK HBA Global Expo has announced the finalists of its Annual International Package Design Awards, with the winners to be announced during its upcoming HBA Global Expo and Conference in New York.
The HBA Global Expo & Conference will take place Sept. 28 to Sept. 30, at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York. The category winners and grand award will be announced on Sept. 28 in the HBA IPDA Showcase (Booth 1006) on the HBA exhibit floor at the Javits Center.
The HBA IPDA received close to 200 entries from major brands, niche players and independent companies. Finalists were chosen by The Committee of 100, made up of packaging professionals, designers, suppliers and members of the media.
Mass-market finalists include:
- CoverGirl Smoky ShadowBlast by P&G, submitted by NiCE Ltd;
- Instant Age Rewind by Maybelline, submitted by Topline Products;
- L’Oreal Paris True Match Roller perfecting roll on makeup by L’Oreal Paris, submitted by L’Oreal Paris; and
- Multi-use brush by Artistry, submitted by Anisa International.
- Dieux by L’Bel, submitted by Belcorp;
- Hanae Mori Butterfly solid perfume ring by International Cosmetics & Perfumes, submitted by Maesa;
- Slatkin & Co. Scentbug home fragrance oil fan by Bath & Body Works, submitted by Alison Mazzola Communications; and
- So Elixir Eau de Parfum by Yves Rocher North America, submitted by Yves Rocher North America.
PERSONAL CARE MASS
- Degree for Men – Adrenaline series by Unilever, Submitted by Zunda Group;
- Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch creme lotion, spray sunscreen and after sun creme lotion by Energizer, submitted by Aptar Beauty + Home;
- L’Oreal Kids Toy Story 3 extra gentle 2-in-1 shampoos by L’Oreal Paris, submitted by L’Oreal Paris; and
- Signature Collection Men by Bath & Body Works, submitted by Beauty Avenues.
SKIN CARE MASS
- Clean & Clear Surge by Johnson & Johnson, submitted by Johnson & Johnson;
- L’Oreal Paris Collagen Micro-Pulse Eye by L’Oreal Paris, submitted by L’Oreal Paris;
- L’Oreal Paris Go 360o Clean by L’Oreal Paris, submitted by Berry Plastics Corp.; and
- Skin Renew brusher and gel cleanser by Garnier, submitted by Topline Products.
- Lamik Beauty Collection by Lamik Beauty, submitted by Alliance;
- Light Elements shaping wax and texturizing creme by Aveda, submitted by The Estee Lauder Cos.;
- Pure Shea Butter by Shea Radiance, submitted by Chicago Paper Tube & Can; and
- Spongelle Duets Small Necessities by Spongeables, submitted by Spongeables.
Temptu launches consumer makeup line
NEW YORK Professional makeup brand Temptu has announced the launch of the Temptu consumer makeup line, featuring the Temptu AIRbrush makeup system and AIR pods, exclusively at Sephora stores in Canada.
The move followed the fall 2009 rollout of the Temptu AIRbrush makeup system and AIR Pod makeup at Sephora stores in the United States. Temptu and Sephora partnered to create a Temptu-branded educational and experiential lab for the Sephora shopper in the Sephora Beauty Studio, with Sephora beauty experts offering AIRbrush product training and express services to consumers.
“We are thrilled to be the exclusive retail partner for Temptu, the unrivaled leader in professional airbrush makeup systems,” stated Margarita Arriagada, Sephora’s SVP merchandising, referring to the Canadian launch.
“Sephora is committed to bringing the most innovative technological advances in the beauty industry to our clients, and Temptu is a true makeup revolution. Through Temptu, our clients can experience unparalleled application technology with professional results from the comfort of their home,” Arriagada added. “With the arrival of the high-definition digital age, we are confident our clients will be as excited to join the Temptu airbrush revolution as we are.”
The Temptu AIRbrush makeup system, AIR pods and Retouch will be available online at Sephora.com and at all Sephora stores throughout Canada on Aug. 26. Product retail prices range from Canadian $42 to $265.