Hansen’s introduces original cola
NEW YORK Hansen’s announced the introduction of its newest flavor: original cola and diet original cola.
The classic flavor of Hansen’s original cola and diet original cola joins Hansen’s flavorful production line that includes ginger ale, key lime, cherry vanilla, grapefruit, kiwi strawberry, vanilla, mandarin lime, creamy root beer, raspberry, orange mango, pomegranate and black cherry. The premium soda maker’s products do not contain caffeine, preservatives or artificial flavors or colors.
“We are excited to be releasing the timeless taste of cola in time for the summer,” said Blair Owens, VP marketing. “It’s naturally the perfect flavor that complements our product line.”
Hansen’s original cola and diet original cola will be available nationwide this month.
Gerber Generation campaign focuses on nutrition
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. Gerber is expanding its new integrated marketing campaign to underscore early childhood nutrition.
Gerber Generation, which debuted in March television, out-of-home and print advertising, is enhancing its campaign by throwing 1,001 baby showers in partnership with House Party. The expanded campaign follows on the Start Healthy, Stay Healthy nutrition system the brand uses for its products to address childhood nutrition and obesity.
The baby showers will be held at homes of moms and moms-to-be, where they can talk about the importance of good nutrition and introduce their friends and family members to Gerber’s wide array of resources that span from pregnancy through preschool. The parties will involve a mix of fun and education, and will include informational games, literature and Gerber product samples that help guide newly forming families through a baby’s nutrition journey.
“We have been leaders in early childhood nutrition and focused on the issue of childhood obesity for years,” said Rick Klauser, head of marketing for Nestle Infant Nutrition. “Research shows that the nutrition children get in the first five years can affect their health forever. We thought the idea of telling the story to moms from the mouths of children from all walks of life, at every stage of development from birth to age four, was compelling. These children are the next generation, the ‘Gerber Generation,’ and they deserve a healthy start.”
Kraft Foods responds to on-the-go consumers with product innovations
NORTHFIELD, Ill. Kraft Foods highlighted more than 30 new products at the 2010 Food Marketing Institute Show in Las Vegas, the food giant said this week.
Kraft Foods is building on its innovative efforts earlier this year to deliver more restaurant-inspired flavors in its products, the company said. At the same time, time-starved consumers are still looking for accessible snacks and Kraft Foods is First to the Table with new, great-tasting options. Even old favorites, like Kraft Macaroni & Cheese’s Easy Mac line has been renamed to Kraft microwavable macaroni & cheese dinner cups.
“We continue to see the greatest growth in our snacking, confectionery and quick meal products at Kraft Foods,” said Bob Becker, SVP new product development for Kraft Foods North America. “More consumers are ‘on the go’ and therefore in search of quick and delicious treats, and Kraft Foods is leading the way with reinvigorated foods and beverages that boast both taste and convenience.”
In addition to the quick meal category, Kraft has expanded its snack lines to include such products as:
- Chips Ahoy! cookies with tasty candies mixed in, including Reese’s peanut butter cups and Heath English toffee bars.
- Halls Refresh 2-in-1 specially formulated with mouthwatering dual flavor technology that delivers a lemon base flavor with raspberry speckles, and all with Halls Refresh “moisture action” ingredient.
- Honey Maid Grahams: Just in time for s’more season, the new Limited Edition graham cracker is square-shaped and ideal for making the favorite campfire treat.
- Mousse Temptations by Jell-O Mousse snacks, now available in Chocolate Mint Sensation, a sugar-free flavor that is only 60 calories
- Nabisco 100 Calorie Packs: chocolate fudge shortbread and mint fudge chocolate shortbread are two new varieties in convenient on-the-go, portion control packages.
- Nabisco Classics: New to the line of nostaglic flavors Cookie Carnival and Snickerdoodle varieties
- Oreo: Limited edition Oreo DQ Blizzard Creme and Strawberry Milkshake flavored cremes tucked inside dark chocolate Oreo wafers, in addition to a limited edition NASCAR Oreo with custom graphics and fun racing design