Gothica Lolita Wigs, Rockstar Wigs launch new ‘doll-look’ cosmetics line
HOUSTON — The Texas-based design team behind Gothic Lolita Wigs and Rockstar Wigs has announced a new venture into the eyelash and beauty arena with innovations to emulate the skin and facial features of a porcelain doll come to life. Enter Dolluxe Cosmetics.
Several styles of false lashes that make the eye pop into a doe-eyed cutesy appearance are already available for sale on the Dolluxe website.
Eyelash designs include:
- Lashing Out Loud: Dynamic false lashes with a short, natural layer and six longer pieces designed to set off your eye and show up with any makeup, lighting or style;
- Harajuku Honey: A side-swept lash with shorter lashes for the inner eye turning to longer lashes that frame the eye;
- Born to Flirt: Designed to match with your natural lashes, it elongates them by adding extra, longer layers;
- All Dolled Up: Features lashes in varying length to give you a red-carpet ready look;
- Wishful Winking: A strip lash with a shorter band that is designed to be worn at the end of the lash line for a dramatic, doll-like effect;
- Whiplash Attack: Made with slightly spaced, side-swept lashes that blend with and elongates your natural lashes;
- Underlash A: A strip bottom lash, designed to be worn in either direction; and
- Underlash B: A striking strip bottom lash designed to complement your eye shape, with longer, thicker lashes offset by shorter ones.
Skin care brand derma e celebrates 30 years
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. — Skin care brand derma e has announced that June will mark the company’s 30th anniversary.
“In 1984, we introduced the first topical vitamin E crème to health food stores and vitamin shops in Southern California. At that time, the health food industry was less than 1% of the total food industry, and there were only three Whole Foods Markets in existence,” stated David Stearn, co-founder and president of the family owned and operated company. “I am proud to say that with a combination of dedication, persistence, good instincts and a handful of other health-minded individuals, derma e helped grow and shape the natural industry into what it is today.”
Over its 30-year span, derma e has witnessed the explosive growth of the natural market as concerns over environmental sustainability and human wellness have risen. Consumer demand for safer, healthier products has fueled innovation for cleaner formulas, greener packaging, carbon-minimizing production and GMO-free ingredient sourcing. This period also gave rise to the discovery of super antioxidants and vitamins.
“Two key turning points for derma e included the discovery of pycnogenol, a potent antioxidant found in the bark of France’s maritime pine tree, and clinical research proving the benefits of topically applied Retinyl Palmitate, a gentle form of vitamin A,” added Linda Miles, co-founder and chief formulator of derma e. “These two ingredients enabled us to deliver serious anti-aging performance along with high-end aesthetics. It’s rewarding to know that derma e is trusted by more and more people for bridging the gap between healthy natural ingredients and real, effective results.”
Pulsaderm expands line with new ‘Buddy’
FORT MYERS, Fla. — VB Beauty’s Pulsaderm line has launched the new Pulsaderm Buddy, which offers the reinvigorating pulsation technology of the Pulsaderm in a compact size that’s small enough to fit into the palm of the hand.
Pulsaderm Buddy, available for the suggested retail price of $59, stimulates and exfoliates the skin with Pulsaderm’s sonic movement. The concave-shaped bristles enable the brush to thoroughly cleanse all areas of the face, including hard-to-reach spots, leaving the skin smooth, revitalized and prepped to absorb products, the company stated.
Pulsaderm Buddy is available in six colors — black, white, lavender, blue, pink and green.