Gillette partnership brings ‘Justice League’ gift packs to shelves
BOSTON — Men’s grooming brand Gillette is rolling out new superhero-inspired gift packs and a heroic new marketing campaign as part of its partnership with Warner Bros. Pictures’ forthcoming “Justice League” movie.
The partnership kicked off with a new TV spot highlighting Gillette’s efforts to move beyond providing “The Best a Man Can Get” and offering a shave that’s “The Best a Superhero Can Get.”
“We know the depth of R&D that it takes when it comes to engineering razors that meet the needs of regular guys, and now, we are applying that knowledge in a way we’ve only dreamed of doing before,” Gillette North America VP Max Menozzi said. “In the process, we are also looking to ‘Justice League’ experts—the fans—to provide us with additional insights to consider for their favorite Super Heroes.”
The brand also will release limited-edition gift packs inspired by the film — one for each of the heroes in the film. The packs are:
- The Flash Sensor3 Sensitive gift pack includes eight 8 Gillette Sensor3 disposable razors and one Gillette Series Sensitive shave gel;
- The Aquaman Fusion5 gift pack includes the Gillette Fusion5 razor, three razor cartridges and one Fusion Hydra Gel Hydra Smooth shave gel;
- The Cyborg Mach3 Turbo gift pack has one Gillette Mach3 razor, four razor cartridges and one Gillette Series Sensitive shave gel;
- The Superman ProShield Chill gift pack includes a Fusion5 ProShield Chill razor, two razor cartridges and a ProGlide 2-in-1 shave gel;
- The Batman Regimen gift pack includes a Gillette Fusion5 ProShield razor, two razor cartridges, one ProGlide2-in-1 shave gel, a Hydrator body wash and a Gillette Clear Gel antiperspirant/deodorant; and
- The Wonder Woman Venus Swirl gift pack includes a Venus Swirl razor, two razor cartridges, one Gillette Venus with Olay UltraMoisture – Violet Swirl shave gel and an Olay Soothing body wash.
The products will be available nationwide starting in late October. The Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg and Superman sets have a suggested retail price of $9.99 each. The Batman and Wonder Woman gift packs have a suggested retail price of $14.99 each.
No comments found
Nivea expands line of in-shower body lotion
WILTON, Conn. — Beiersdorf’s Nivea brand is adding to its line of in-shower body lotion, making exfoliating and moisturizing easier. The company on Thursday introduced Nivea Radiant Silk in-shower body lotion, a 2-in-1 product that both exfoliates and moisturizes skin.
“All of our products are developed based on insights from our consumers, and we saw a need in the marketplace to create an innovation that is convenient and saves time in women’s busy lives,” Nivea marketing director Jennifer Van Aken said. “We are continuing to evolve our popular Nivea In-Shower Body Lotion line by launching a variant that moisturizes and exfoliates which helps remove dull, dead skin, leaving skin healthier looking and radiant year-round.”
The product is meant to be applied in the shower to wet skin after cleansing. It’s currently available in mass, food and drug retailers nationwide with a suggested retail price of $7.99
No comments found
Every Man Jack expands hair styling collection
SAN FRANCISCO — Men’s grooming company Every Man Jack is expanding its line of hair styling products. The brand this week launched its clay and grooming Paste, joining its pomade and fiber cream products.
Both the clay and grooming paste products deliver a matte finish, with the clay offering an extreme hold and the grooming paste delivering a medium hold. The two styling products are fragrance- and cruelty-free and made with as man naturally derived ingredients as possible. They also are aimed at users with sensitive skin and are designed to not dry out hair or scalp.
The products carry a retail price of $8 each.
Nice job, Every Man Jack. I love this product! - Tom Mondragon