Gillette expands Venus brand portfolio
BOSTON Gillette’s female shaving brand once again is expanding its portfolio to give women the closest shave yet.
Venus’ new Venus Embrace Disposables, the brand’s first five-bladed disposable razor, feature five curve-hugging blades, a protective ribbon of moisture with five times more glide enhancers than the original Venus, and a ComfortGrip handle for increased control while shaving. Additionally, Venus is debuting Simply Venus Disposables, which feature a three-bladed pivoting head to provide a closer shave with less irritation than two-bladed Venus disposable razors.
Other product updates and innovations include:
- Venus Spa Breeze Disposable razors, the first 2-in-1 disposable razor, with built-in shave gel bars infused with a white tea scent, eliminating the need for a separate shave gel
- An updated line of three-bladed Venus Disposables, in the same range of vibrant colors and fragrances as the original, but with an improved handle for better maneuverability in wet and soapy environments
- Venus Embrace razor, with five blades and a protective ribbon of moisture, now is available with a new vibrant pink SoftGrip gel hand
- Venus Bikini trimmer features a single blade encased by a protective comb for safe and effective bikini hair trimming
- Satin Care shave gels have been reformulated to provide up to 35% more glide than previous variants
- Satin Care In-Shower Moisturizer hydrates and conditions skin after shaving, sealing in moisture to provide satiny-smooth legs right out of the shower.
“At Venus we really seek to understand the unique needs of women, and to deliver a variety of superior products to meet those needs,” said James Pratt, marketing director for Venus. “We also see the opportunity to educate about how, with the right tools, women can improve the shaving experience that many see as a chore. Ultimately, it’s about delivering the smooth, soft skin that we know will help women feel more confident and beautiful.”
Venus products are available at food, drug and mass at retail prices, ranging from $3.99 to $15.99, depending on the product.
Gillette to sponsor Nascar event in line with ProGlide launch
BOSTON Gillette is sponsoring the Nascar Sprint Cup Series race at Pocono Raceway on June 6, which coincides with the official launch of the Gillette Fusion ProGlide shaving system.
All activities to promote the event, titled the Gillette Fusion ProGlide 500 Presented by Target, will be designed to support the new razor, which will also be available to consumers in stores on June 6.
“We are very excited about upcoming partnership with Pocono Raceway and Target,” stated Michelle Potorski, associate marketing director for Gillette North America. “The race sponsorship provides the perfect opportunity to further enhance our efforts to inform consumers of the engineering advancements and breakthrough technology achieved with the Gillette Fusion ProGlide.”
Nature’s Gate launches new sun care products
NEW YORK Nature’s Gate, a maker of natural personal care products, has announced the launch of its new sunless tanner and faceblock SPF 25. The new products were available in stores as of April.
The Nature’s Gate sunless tanner is formulated with green tea and red raspberry, which fight free radicals. The lightweight, fast-absorbing formula is infused with antioxidant rich olive oil moisturizers.
The new faceblock SPF 25 is fortified with zinc oxide, offering broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection. It is enriched with vitamins C and E from guava, almond and tomato extracts to help protect skin, while cucumber, aloe and chamomile help soothe skin.