Friskies brand celebrates online cat capers
ST. LOUIS — Cat videos equate to massive popularity, at least by the Internet's viral-content standards. Friskies, a brand from Nestlé Purina PetCare, celebrated the best of the best at its awards gala, "The Friskies."
- Funny: Cat vs. Flipflop starring Buddy, Palm Coast, Fla.;
- Res-cute: Cat and Baby Play Peekaboo starring Howie, Liverpool, Ohio;
- Epic: How Bob Gets His Exercise starring Bob, Atlanta; and
- Strange: Dumpster Kitty starring Cole and Marmalade, Tampa, Fla.
Kmart Pharmacy encourages patients to get flu shot, helps loyalty members save money
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill. — Kmart Pharmacy has announced that it is offering flu shots in stores for as low as $24.99. In addition, Shop Your Way members who receive their vaccination can get a $5 Kmart gift card with coupon available in select circulars and online.
"Preparing for flu season early is important, but we realize families are busy this time of year," stated Dain Rusk, VP and general manager of pharmacy for Sears Holdings. "We encourage families to take this important step to protect their health, and Kmart Pharmacy makes it easy to just walk-in and check it off your list."
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, children and adults — especially older people, young children, pregnant women and people with certain health conditions — should begin receiving vaccinations now to ensure as many people as possible are protected before flu season begins. Flu season occurs in the fall and winter, usually peaking in January or February, but occurring as early as October and as late as May.
According to Rusk, patients may also want to explore high dose flu vaccines — recommended by the CDC for patients older than 65 — or quadrivalent flu vacciness. Patients also should consider getting immunized against other infectious diseases, such as pneumonia, combined tetanus, diphtheria and whooping cough, meningitis and shingles. Kmart pharmacists are trained and qualified to advise and administer all of these vaccinations.
GNP launches Good Neighbor Pharmacy University
- Educational Resources: A range of seminars, webinars and continuing education courses, as well as a convenient training log to document course progress for pharmacy staff members;
- Industry Articles: A variety of pharmacy business news that keeps members up to speed with what’s happening in their communities and around the nation;
- Knowledge Exchange: Opportunities to tap into the Good Neighbor Pharmacy network of pharmacists to facilitate co-learning and shared problem solving. The Knowledge Exchange will contain discussion boards, forums for sharing best business practices and Q&A panels; and
- Business & Marketing Tips: Monthly tips from business and marketing experts to help pharmacy owners build a strong brand identity through traditional marketing and social media channels.
Good Neighbor Pharmacy University was first introduced at AmerisourceBergen's ThoughtSpot 2014, along with several other digital platforms.