FDA issues draft guidance on pediatric acetaminophen products
- All single-ingredient acetaminophen oral liquids for pediatric use should have a concentration of 160 mg acetaminophen per 5 mL;
- For single-ingredient acetaminophen oral liquids, the statements “160 mg/5 mL” or “160 mg per 5 mL” should be prominently presented on the principal display panel of the container label and carton labeling immediately below or to the right of the active ingredient name (i.e., acetaminophen) and in the same font size as the active ingredient name;
- The PDP should clearly indicate the age range and units of age (e.g., months or years) as stated in the Drug Facts Panel under the heading “Directions”;
- The dosing directions in the Drugs Facts label should be provided only in milliliters (mL); and
- The product package should include an appropriate dosage delivery device, such as a calibrated and labeled oral syringe or dosing cup that's calibrated in millileters (mL).
Jolen Creme Bleach celebrates 50 years
NEW YORK — Jolen Creme Bleach is celebrating its 50th anniversary with the first major packaging update since the product first graced the shelves.
While the logo and package color will remain the same, the new package design freshens up the brand’s look and offers two consumer bonuses: 20% more free product and a mixing cup to make it easier for blending the ingredients at home.
“Listening and responding to feedback from our loyal users led to the enhanced packaging,” said Jeff Kossak, VP of Jolen, a privately-held, family owned company headquartered in Fairfield, Conn. “Our popular Jolen Creme Bleach — original and sensitive formulas — will now feature a free bonus of 20% more product at the same price to help women lighten and soften hair on their face, arms and body. We're also providing a nifty, new mixing cup which makes it even easier to prepare the bleach.”
Launched in 1964 by entrepreneur and beauty pioneer Evelyn Kossak, who still plays an active role in the company, Jolen remains committed to helping women feel beautiful and confident.
“While our look on the outside has changed a bit, our mission as a company has remained the same over the past 50 years: to help women maximize their natural beauty by empowering them with confidence,” said Jolen president Kossak, who launched Jolen in 1964.
Jolen Creme Bleach is available in both original and sensitive formulas (with aloe vera) nationally in most major retailers, including Harmon, Rite Aid, Ulta Beauty, Walgreens and Walmart, as well as select beauty specialty stores and online.
Jolen will further mark the occasion with new advertising and promotions, a new website and the development of branded social media communities targeting beauty-focused consumers.