Estée Lauder names Jane Lauder global brand president of Clinique
NEW YORK — The Estée Lauder Cos. has appointed Jane Lauder global brand president of Clinique. Succeeding Lauder will be Stephane de la Faverie, who has been named SVP/global general manager of Origins, Ojon and Darphin. Their new roles will become effective April 1.
Both Lauder and de la Faverie will report to Lynne Greene, group president of Clinique, Origins, Ojon, Aveda and Darphin. As announced in 2012, Greene was promoted to group president as part of an organizational redesign.
In addition to supporting the company’s organizational evolution, this appointment was a natural move for Lauder who earlier in her career was SVP, global marketing for Clinique where she was responsible for the brand’s overall strategic marketing and helped take the brand into new markets. As a result of her success in this role, Lauder later became global brand president, Origins, Ojon and Darphin.
In 2011, de la Faverie joined the Estée Lauder Cos. as SVP, global general manager, Aramis and Designer Fragrances; shortly thereafter Lab Series and GoodSkin Labs were added to his responsibilities. Throughout his tenure in the beauty industry, de la Faverie has worked to build a number of skin care brands. Most recently under his leadership, the men’s skin care brand, Lab Series, launched several major innovations globally.
In November of 2012, William P. Lauder and Fabrizio Freda announced an organizational redesign to drive the company’s future success by further aligning brands, ensuring focus on the greatest opportunities globally and creating growth for talent worldwide. The appointments announced today are a continuation of this organizational evolution.
Dove Hair launches new collections with pop-up salon at Park City, Utah film festival
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J. — Unilever’s Dove Hair is celebrating the launch of its new Dove Advanced Hair Series collection with a three-day salon event at the film festival in Park City, Utah.
"The launch of Dove Advanced Hair Series — new Dove Oxygen Moisture and new Dove Pure Care Dry Oil — provides women with the strong foundation to care for their hair while ensuring it has the weightless style they desire," stated Jennifer Healy, director, Unilever Hair Care. "We are thrilled to launch the Dove Advanced Hair Series collections in Park City, an ideal backdrop to premiere a collection of products with advanced weightless moisture that gives women the feeling of a great hair day, every day."
The three-day salon event marks the launch of new Dove Oxygen Moisture, which delivers moisture plus volume to fine hair, and new Dove Pure Care Dry Oil, which nourishes hair making it silky, but without leaving it greasy or heavy. Both product lines are part of the new Dove Advanced Hair Series.
The Dove Advanced Hair Series Salon, which is part of the Talent Resources Gifting Suite, is open Jan. 17 to 19. The Salon is providing women with a wash and style featuring the new Dove Oxygen Moisture or new Dove Pure Care Dry Oil collections, as well as select Dove Style+Care products. In addition, celebrity stylist Matt Fugate will be on hand at the salon to offer women expert hair services and tips.
The Dove Advanced Hair Series Salon will also feature a barbershop to give guys the ultimate Dove Men+Care shave and hair care treatment. Inside the barbershop men will have a chance to try the new Dove Men+Care shaving products and the new Aqua Impact Fortifying Shampoo.
SheaMoisture creates new hair straightening collection
AMITYVILLE, N.Y. — SheaMoisture is expanding its portfolio with the new Tahitian Noni & Monoi hair straightening collection, which offers users the freedom to wear straight or curly hair styles.
The protein-based treatment products promise to smooth, soften and control frizz, leaving textured hair more manageable for up to four weeks.
"Our community spoke to us about wanting the flexibility to switch up their styles without harming their beloved curls, and we listened," stated SheaMoisture founder and CEO Richelieu Dennis. "Hair is an amazing form of self-expression, and every woman has the right to define beautiful for herself. Our smoothing system puts the power of hair flexibility directly in their hands, while actually repairing and strengthening strands."
The collection includes:
- Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair Straightening System – Straightens without permanently altering hair’s texture, while controlling frizz. Contains everything needed for versatile styling, including Smooth & Repair Conditioning Shampoo, Smooth & Repair Hair Straightening Treatment, Smooth & Repair Rinse-Out Conditioner and Smooth & Repair Hair & Scalp Weekly Treatment. The suggested retail price is $19.99;
- Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair Conditioning Shampoo – Sulfate-free shampoo contains strengthening and active straightening ingredients that help smooth frayed, uneven texture, while taming flyway hair. The suggested retail price is $9.99;
- Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair Rinse-Out Conditioner – Daily rinse-out conditioner hydrates and detangles, while fortifying hair against heat styling. Active straightening ingredients aid in smoothing rough textures and eliminating frizz. The suggested retail price is $9.99.
- Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair High Shine Glosser – Lightweight moisturizing oil treatment controls frizz for a sleek, high shine finish, without silicone. The suggested retail price is $9.99.
- Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair Nourishing Hair Masque – Deep conditioning treatment infuses hair with moisture, while strengthening and repairing hair. Helps smooth hair cuticle, while managing frizz. The suggested retail price is $12.99.
- Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair Hair Scalp Weekly Treatment – This weekly treatment soothes, hydrates and provides antioxidant benefits to the scalp, while promoting hair renewal and growth. The suggested retail price is $9.99.
SheaMoisture’s Tahitian Noni & Monoi products are available at select Target stores nationwide.