Estée Lauder elects new board members
Estée Lauder announced that Jennifer Hyman and Jennifer Tejada have been elected to its board of directors, and to the Audit Committee.
“We are very excited to welcome Ms. Hyman and Ms. Tejada to our Board of Directors,” William P. Lauder, executive chairman, said. “Ms. Hyman brings her very impressive creativity and know-how in the worlds of entrepreneurship, disruptive retail, the millennial consumer and omnichannel. Ms. Tejada has tremendous experience in digital, mobile, software and consumer goods. These backgrounds and experiences will allow our new directors to provide valuable, practical perspectives to our Board as our company continues to grow by offering innovative products and experiences for our global consumers.”
Jennifer Hyman is the co-founder and chief executive officer of Rent the Runway, which rents designer apparel and accessories to women. Before forming the company in 2009, Hyman was previously the director of business development at IMG.
Jennifer Tejeda is the chief executive officer of PageDuty, a digital operations management platform for businesses. Tejada was previously the president and chief executive officer of Keynote Systems, a software company specializing in digital performance analytics, web and mobile testing.
Target expands beauty footprint, adds cosmetics lines to shelves
Target’s beauty aisle is about to get even larger. The retailer best known for selling everything from drugstore staples to K-beauty, to its own signature scent line and hair care products, will be introducing eight new cosmetics brands to its fold.
“We know our guests have a wide range of beauty needs and preferences, and we want to make sure Target has the best assortment for all hair types or skin tones,” Christina Hennington, senior vice president of beauty and essentials at Target, said. “These eight new cosmetic brands will further our range of shade options — from foundation to lip — and are available at incredible prices. We’ll continue to listen to our guests to understand what beauty products they’re looking for at Target and look forward to seeing their response to these new cosmetic brands.”
Each of new brands, many of which were digital-only, will bring more than 150 products designed for medium to dark skin tones to the retailer’s shelves. The eight brands launching at Target include:
- Coloured Raine was launched by Loraine R. Dowdy in 2013. The line offers bold, colorful, cruelty-free cosmetics for women of various skin tones;
- EveryHue Beauty created by #FourWomenForWomen, offers a range of tinted moisturizers in 12 shades. The line focuses on warmer tones and offers a wide range of makeup tools for application;
- Haley’s Beauty founded in 2016, focuses on creating a makeup line that also helps treat common skin care concerns. All products within the line are vegan, and made without sulfates, phthalates, parabens and fragrance;
- Hue Noir, launched by cosmetic chemist Paula Hayes, blends color, science and technology together to create a wide array of skin-nurturing products for women of color;
- The Lip Bar, founded by Melissa Butler, offers vegan lip products that are made with natural ingredients, formulated without chemicals and come in an inclusive array of shades for women of every skin tone at an affordable price;
- Makeup Geek, created by Marlena Stell, started out on her YouTube channel — where she shared her love and knowledge of makeup with viewers — and turned into a popular brand that offers everything from colorful eyeshadows to lipsticks, bronzers and more;
- Reina Rebelde, launched by Regina Merson, contains bold colors for the eye, lips and face that comes in stand-out packaging; and
- Violet Voss, created by a team up makeup artists, was born out of a mission to make long-lasting lip products, cruelty-free lashes and other highly pigmented beauty products.
The eight brands will have products ranging in price from $9.99 to $24.99, be available on Target’s website on April 17 and launch in retail stores on May 20.
Bröö launches aromatherapy lotions powered by app
With millennials checking their phones and emails numerous times throughout the day, users can be left feeling stressed or sleep deprived by technology, according to beauty brand Bröö. That is why the company is expanding beyond its signature craft beer shampoos and conditioners and launching a new line of aromatherapy lotions that are powered by an app.
The Bröö Moods Aromatherapy Lotions are infused with a 100% natural scent, essential oils, barley and shea butter to soothe the skin. The sleep-supporting aspect of the lotion is amplified when paired with the free Bröö Moods App, a customizable sound machine that helps users fall asleep.
“Nothing gets you into a mood faster than a scent … except pairing the scent with a sound! We handpicked every sound effect and melody on the sleep menu of our app so you can mix music and sounds to wind down and craft your mood, while using our lotion or anytime! It’s as simple as apply, breathe, listen, and sleep,” Bröö co-founder, Sarah Pearsall said.
Created without the use of questionable ingredients such as silicones, petrolatum, parabens, phthalates or dyes, The Asheville, N.C.-based company’s aromatherapy lotions come in four varieties:
- Bröö Moods Sleep Aromatherapy Lotion, which is infused with lavender essential oils, barley, hops and shea butter. It comes in an 8.5 fl.-oz. size that retails for $7,49 in select Walmart stores and online;
- Bröö Moods Reboot Aromatherapy Lotion, which features bergamot essential oils, barley, B vitamins, hops, anti-oxidants, shea butter and vitamin E, comes in an 8.5 fl.-oz. size that retails for $7.49 in select Walmart stores and online;
- Bröö Moods Unplug Aromatherapy Lotion, which is infused with calming clergy sage essential oils, barley, hops, anti-oxidants and shea butter, comes in an 8.5 fl.-oz. size that retails for $7.49 in select Walmart stores and online; and
- Bröö Moods Connect Touch Screen Hand Lotion, which contains jasmine and lime essential oils, barley, B vitamins, hops, anti-oxidants, shea butter, vitamin E and butterfly bush extract. It comes in an 8.4 fl.-oz. size that retails for $7.49 in select Walmart locations.
Further information on the aromatherapy line can be found on the company’s website, and the Bröö Moods App is available for download on the App Store.