Dove makes waves with new body washes
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J. Unilever’s Dove brand is releasing in August its new body washes with NutriumMoisture technology.
“For over 50 years, Dove has led innovations in the skin care industry and the introduction of NutriumMoisture technology continues that tradition,” stated K.P. Ananth, Unilever principal research scientist. “We are thrilled our extensive research and testing has allowed us to be the first brand to minimize lipid damage with a liquid cleanser in order to provide intensive moisturizing benefits that strengthen and smooth skin.”
According to the manufacturer, NutriumMoisture fuses the cleansing benefits of DEFI (Directly Esterified Fatty Isethionate) technology found in the Dove Beauty Bar with a new moisturizing complex that cares for surface skin 10 layers deep. Unlike other body washes, the technology takes a dual approach to healthy skin by preserving both proteins and lipids during cleansing.
According to a four-week clinical study, the new Dove Body Wash collection with NutriumMoisture has been shown to significantly reduce dryness and improve moisturization in three weeks, reverse dryness in one week and offer a more even skin tone, according to Unilever.
The Dove Body Wash collection with NutriumMoisture technology will be offered in Deep Moisture, Sensitive Skin and Gentle Exfoliating variants.
Actress, environmental activist Alicia Silverstone teams up with EcoTools
NEW YORK EcoTools, a brand from Paris Presents, has teamed up with actress and environmental activist Alicia Silverstone to develop an earth-friendly makeup bag and brush collection.
EcoTools by Alicia Silverstone is a collection of chic carryalls that have a floral design inspired by Silverstone’s favorite flowers: lavender, rose, chrysanthemum, cosmo and thyme. Furthermore, the entire collection is comprised of such eco-friendly materials as natural hemp, recycled PET and non-toxic inks.
The collection includes:
- EcoTools by Alicia Silverstone 5 Piece Brush Set and Bag: A limited edition brush set and bag that features four of her must-have brushes and directions to help beauty mavens create a natural look. The suggested retail price is $15.99.
- EcoTools by Alicia Silverstone Cosmetic Brush Bag: This cosmetic brush bag contains a limited edition blush brush and has a separate compartment for brushes so they stay clean. The suggested retail price is $12.99.
- EcoTools by Alicia Silverstone Train Case: This case features a clear, removable compartment inside. The suggested retail price is $14.99.
- EcoTools by Alicia Silverstone Overnight Bag: This bag features two interior compartments that are removable and versatile to keep contents clean and tidy. The suggested retail price is $19.99.
- EcoTools by Alicia Silverstone Cosmetic Bag: This is the staple of any makeup bag collection and is ideal for the girl on the go. The suggested retail price is $8.99.
EcoTools is partnered with 1% For The Planet, an alliance of businesses committed to leveraging their resources to create a healthier planet, so 1% of EcoTools’ annual sales are donated to organization.
The collection is launching at Walgreens and Target in December.
Ulta welcomes newest director to board
ROMEOVILLE, Ill. Ulta has announced the election of Lorna Nagler to its board of directors, filling a spot vacated by Gerald Gallagher, whose term expired on June 17.
Nagler, an independent member of the board, currently serves as president and CEO and a member of the board of Christopher & Banks Corp., a specialty retailer of women’s clothing. Previously, she was president of Lane Bryant from 2004 to 2007 and president of Catherine’s Stores from 2002 to 2004, both of which are divisions of Charming Shoppes Inc. Prior to 2002, she held various senior retail management positions with Kmart and Kids R Us, as well as Montgomery Ward and Main Street department stores.